Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Vermont Belle - first flight

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:59 PM
daniel_cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vermont Belle - first flight

Finally flew my NSP Vermont Belle. It is powered with an AXI 2212/20, 3 cell 1500 mah Kokam lipo and an APC 9-4.5 prop. Weighs 21 oz and Motocalc predicted 22 oz of thrust. It took off from grass in about 10 feet and climbed like a rocket. Recommended aileron control throws of 30 degrees is WAY too much. It was quite sensitive in roll. The plane flies very well, but the gear folded back on the first landing. Did a quick field fix and tried again with less aileron throw. It is fully aerobatic at half thottle and tracks extremely well. The gear mount broke again on landing, so called it a day to take it home for a better fix. Overall, a fantastic flying airplane. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one.