Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Su-31 Great Planes HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
accaptain
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Su-31 Great Planes HELP!!!

Ok, up until now all I have flown in the way of electric's have been 13oz an less foamies of all different types. I just purchased this Great planes Su-31 (mainly because I got it for $45 new in box) and now I find that it comes out at about 28oz according to the box. It calls for a 400 size motor but the one tower recommends is like $119.00. Is there an alternative 400 size motor out there that will work in this plane. The motor mounts kinda goofy, you tie wrap it to the motor tray built on the plane. I though about Axi but there whole case turns and I would not be able to tie wrap it into the mount. i have never used a motor/gearbox combo like what is recommended. It appears the gearbox is made onto the end of the shaft on the motor. I am use to standard Himax and Gws type gearboxes. I have a himax 2015-4100 not being used and a Axi 2208/34 not being used but I doubt either will work in this plane. Any suggestions on type of motor for this one? I also want to run my 3 cell Lipoly's instead of the book recommended nimh battery on this plane.

Thanks,
Accaptain