Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Seawind EP

Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seawind EP

I received my Seawind a couple weeks back and finally had a weekend to put things together. I was pleasantly surprised at how well things fit and the part tollerances for one another. Cudos to Great Planes!!

I had two large rubber band left over. I made the assumption they were to be used to hold down the wings in the event the screw failed?

I also made the assumption that since I could not get th eplane to balance using a 1500mAh battery (tail heavy) I could use a heavier battery instead of just adding weight. I ended up with a 2200 mAh lipo.

Can you tell me if I've made the right assumptions.. thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
BigTb17

Default RE: Seawind EP

Can't say about the rubber bands, but it sounds like you are on the right track with the battery. I'd rather add mAh than dead weight. However, is there any way to move weight foward (ESC, Receiver, battery) rather than adding?

Good luck, let us know how it flies.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

I had my 1500 pack as far forward as I could get it and still it was tail heavy..
Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 AM
robflyrob

I got a Seawind for flying on vacation in northern Wis. It went together very nicely with no problems and I had no balance problems with the 1500 ma batt. I would not want to add any weight to this plane! It flies pretty good but keep the speed up! Zipping around on the water is a blast with this plane and my radio stayed dry.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Darkseacret

the rubber bands are for holding plane down to cradle, it has notches on front and back both sides
Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Cub Killer

Ya I wondered about the rubber bands too.LOL.
Ive have had my Seawind for a couple of months and have been flying it of grass at our field.This is one awesome little plane.I had to stick a few pennies in the nose to get it to balance.I don't think it made much difference.
I finally got to use the plane for what I bought it for and that was to play with at the lake on holiday.What a blast, this thing skips along the water no problem.Super easy plane to fly.
My only beef with the plane is that the rudder is totally useless unless you are moving at a good speed with up elevator applied.I was flying from a boat in the middle of the lake on a mildly windy day.This thing weather veins heavily.So you have to make sure the wind is behind you, taxi it in,or coming towards you ,them you can wait for the wind to blow it in.
Cool cool cool plane............my 2 cents,well 6 cents in the nose................LOL
Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 AM
allelectric

Saw a note in the forum about the electrics getting wet if the plane goes under. I used hook and loop and put the ESC above the servos. And hook and loop and the antenna on the bottom of the cockpit. So even if I take on water the electrics should stay dry. Heres a pic if I can post it.[img][/img]