Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Spacewalker help

Old 05-17-2009, 04:36 PM
ccp10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacewalker help

I picked up an Easy Built Models Spacewalker on the " bay" awhile back. It says it was designed for the 15 Cobalt geared motor. Can anyone tell me todays equivalent of this motor or recommend a good alternative?

Thanks, Chuck
http://www.atsrcplanes.com/spacewalker.htm
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Spacewalker help

ORIGINAL: ccp10

I picked up an Easy Built Models Spacewalker on the " bay" awhile back. It says it was designed for the 15 Cobalt geared motor. Can anyone tell me todays equivalent of this motor or recommend a good alternative?

Thanks, Chuck
http://www.atsrcplanes.com/spacewalker.htm
Something like a Park 480 outrunner ought to fly it well on 3 cells. Heads Up RC has some nice inexpensive ones, if they ever get them back into stock.

CR

Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Spacewalker help

I don't know enough about electrics to comment on motor choices, but I do think you'll love this airplane.

A friend of mine had the 1/3 scale Spacewalker and that plane flew so beautifully...just a wonderfully designed airplane.  I hope you come back to this thread after it's built and give us a report - Spacewalkers fly so great I'm betting this will be one of your favorites, and I don't even know what you regularly fly.