Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Plane Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 PM
HY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane Recommendation

I am looking for a mild aerobatic plane that is relatively cheap. I have flown 2 channel airplanes and hate the amount of control they give you. I am looking for a 3 preferably 4 channel plane that is not going to break if I land it a bit off. So very sturdy or very flexible.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plane Recommendation

What ia a 2 ch airplane/ What is a mild aerobatic airplane? What is a cheap airplane/ What is an indestructable airplane?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 PM
HY

2 ch airplane-left, throttle, right

mild aerobatic plane- flips, but not hovering and other crazy sweet tricks.

I didnt ask for indestructable, i asked for forgiving. (easy to repair?)

a cheap airplane- something that is not expensive...

errr...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

You've asked a loaded question. "Cheap/inexpensive" is relative. Here's a "relatively" inexpensive example.
Take a look at the Great Planes SE5a ARF. It's made of plywood and balsa and pre-covered with monokote. I have had one for about a month and it flies very solid and it is forgiving if you have the the control throws regulated properly. It will go from mild to semi-wild (don't think it will hover with recommended motor) by programming your computerized radio. Yes, you'll need to buy a decent 2.4 ghz radio with at least 6 channels. I use the Spectrum DX6i and love it. It will hold 10 programs (10 airplanes/helis).
All of my birds, including the helis, have the Spectrum AR6100e receiver in them and haven't had a bit of trouble with any of them ....cost new is $50. A DX6i retails for around $200 new but, you can find them used for almost half that. Futaba makes good equipment too but, I have no experience with that brand.

So, it all boils down to what you call cheap/inexpensive. The SE5a will cost around $90, 4 inexpensive servos at $15 each, a receiver for $50, decent brushless outrunner motor for $50 (+ / -) and an ESC for $30. Investment for airplane = $225 approx. (if you shop hard and smart). The radio used = $125 approx. ....and that's about as cheap as it gets when you consider shipping for all of this stuff.

Hope this info helps you make a decision.

RJ
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Gnome T7

I think you should take the rout of ParkZone planes. They are "relatively" inexpensive and they come with everything you'll need to fly them. This are the planes I learned how to fly on and I strongly recommend them to beginner pilots. A few more perks about them... 1st. When you crash (I say 'when' because it is inevitable. People crash their planes)   ParkZone offers a complete line of replacement parts that Most hobby shops will very likely carry. 2nd. You can have most any of their planes ready to fly out of the box in pretty much under an hour or so. I hop this helps in your desition makeing process.

That is my two cents.
- Kenny
Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
sailjunky

Have you found your new plane yet? If not mi would really hae to agree with Kenny. Parkzone has a t-28 trojan out that does not break the bank is very durable and loads of fun to fly. I am a very experienced pilot and recently bought this plane and am so pleased with its performance. It comes with a brushless motor and 30 amp speed control. The rtf version is great and  can be in the air in two hours. That is only due to the fact it takes time to charge the lipo battery that is provided with the plane.

Thats just my two sense. And by the way teaching my 11 yo to fly this plane cause its that easy...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
R.c.king222

Like what he said,
Money can always buy quality airplanes....You an always buy a foamie, but there quitechallenging to fly with such large flaps....Buy a Dx6i and get the parkzone sukhoi!!! Or maybe the world models extra 300 or Katana. What two channel plane have you been flying??