Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-flite Deuces wild retracts

Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 PM
carl.huxford125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite Deuces wild retracts

Can any one tell me a good alternative to the robart retracts for the Eflite Deuces wild, i am having difficulty find the robarts in the uk and in the shops that do sell them they are special order and very expensive[],

thanks in advance for any help

Carl
Old 06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
chilternflyer

Default RE: E-flite Deuces wild retracts

[&o] hmm - I've got the same problem! I can't justify paying more for a set of retracts than I paid for the kit in the first place!
come on E-flight & Robart - what are you playing at?
I've been looking at the hobby city 2204 retracts. These look like they will fit but no one can tell me how much weight they will take.

My dueces wild is ready to fly if it had some U/C on it [:@]
The legs supplied in the kit are a joke. I'm not breaking the plane by using them. They don't even fit on the mountings in the airframe!
I've got a set of Irvine mechanical retacts that I keep looking at. They might work with some modification.

Have you had problems with your firewalls? One of mine looks like a 7 yr old put it together. It's not in straight and most of the glue isn't holding anything in place. I had to make some false firewalls myself and epoxy them in. At least these are not going to be leaving the nacelles! I've got various other quality issues with the kit. so much for being a 'Platinum series' aircraft.

The situation sucks. I would have been better off buying a Ripmax Harmony. [&o]
Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Hans-Ole

Hi Carl and chilternflyer .
A good alternative to the robart retracts for the Eflite Deuces wild is Hobbyco Mechanical electrical retracts.

http://www.hobbico.com/accys/hcap4000.html

I have bought a set of 2 main gears and 1 nose gear, and they are all functioning quit OK.
Only a few modifications are needed to make mounting plates for the retracts.

To activate the 2 main gears I'm using a Hitec HS-75BB Retract servo, and the same and a standard servo for the nose wheel.

Beside that, I have made a plastic folio well cover, so that around 3/4 of the nose well, is covered.

I can't really follow the negative vibrations from chilternflyer. On the countary, I see E-flights Deuces Wild as one of best made ARF model- ever!
Batteries right behind the motors, perfect inlet and outlet for cooling. Solid construction just to mention a few advantages by this plane.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25436.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1507510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62235.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1507511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99439.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1507512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw64543.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1507513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al71127.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1507514  
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
b16a2sir
My Feedback: (3)

^^^Curious to your 3 blade power setup, post specs pls!

I have only had mine in the air twice I think, but the included landing gear fit and has worked for the 2 flights so far on a grass field. The place I bought the kit had the retracts in stock when I purchased, but they cost more than the kit, so I figure maybe after a dozen flights or so.

I have no complaints on the kit, everything fits great and covering even matched up. My only issue would be the mounting of the nacelles, I didn't care for that part if the build and hope I used a good epoxy!!!

As to retracts, I might try some from hobbyking on my next order. Haven't looked for them much yet.