Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

Power System

Old 06-08-2010, 05:43 AM
maxhell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power System

Hey Guys

I am looking at putting together a 25% aircraft not to sure which one most likely a pilot rc kit. It will be my first big electric
so i am not to sure what to put in it.

The aircraft will weigh about+- 5kg (11lbs) and going to used for 3d. Also don't have a high budget.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:06 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Power System

Max ... its never cheap. You will need something like this:

Batt - 10S 4,900 mAh packs (since you want to 3D)
ESC - 90A to 100A HV model
Motor - 6350 sized motor of about 230-250 KV, 4035 sized motor of about no more than 250KV, AXI 5320 and anything like that sort.
RX supply - you can use your standard 4.8V or 6V pack or use a 2S/3S lipo with a voltage regulator

Stay away from the bigger Chinese made motors you find at Hobby City, they usually do not last ... the bearings will give way. They are good for sport flying but not when you want to push it hard.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
maxhell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the info i am looking for.

just a quick question on rx power what size lipo should i use for 5 digital servos and will hyperion Life packs work maybe a 2100mah life pack should do.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Max ... okay I used a Hyperion regulator the TiCool ... it can handle input of up to 48V. I only have one plane running on a lipo for the RX. I am using a 3S 400 mAh pack and that can give me a lot of flight. I estimate about 8 x 8min flights with ease. I used 3S because I do have some in store. Try to keep your plane light if you can ... no need to use a 2,100 mAh pack. Even the F3A guys flting 2M planes use about 150 mAh per flight for the RX, however they are not flying 3D though.

I just took delivery of my new Extreme Flight Extra 300 78" ... it will be running on DualSky 6350 motor, DualSky ESC. Wanna see how the motor runs with the new V2 ESC.