Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Gas to Electric 1/5 Waco

Old 04-15-2002, 02:39 AM
DougX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas to Electric 1/5 Waco

I have a 1/5 scale Waco I was thinking of converting to electric. Anyone have a ballpark figure on the engine and electronics?
Old 04-15-2002, 01:52 PM
HitecRedneck

Get ahold of Tom Hunt at [email protected] and he will give you qualified information.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:16 AM
Norm-RCU

Doug, I have the Pica Waco kit but haven't started on it yet. My power system will be a Maxcim "Y" with a Maxcim controller and probably 20 to 25 cells. This is all pretty much a gray area until I start on it and start guessing at the finished weight. My TF P-47 weighs 11 lbs. and I would think the Waco would come in lighter than that. The P-47 flies great on the Maxcim "Y", MEC 5:1 gearbox, four blade APC 15.5x12 prop, and 25xRC2000 cells.

Norm
Old 04-16-2002, 03:19 AM
Norm-RCU

Oops, sorry about that, mine's the 1/6 scale Waco.

Norm
Old 04-20-2002, 07:43 AM
ec121k

Default Conversions

I agree with the Tom Hunt statement. I've been working with him and he is one of the most experienced and helpful people in the business.

I bought one of his Modelair Tech drives for a 4*40 I have and will be flying it next week for the first time. His belt drives are very reasonable and excellent quality. He also has motors and speed controls and will recommend what you need while not pushing you to buy his products.

[email protected] works nights and weekends.

Good luck,
Tony Vlasak