Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Dual Motor Set Up

Old 09-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Raydude714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Motor Set Up

I am currently building a dual motor system and need some help/comfirmaton setup. Currently, I have:
2 Identical Motors
2 Identical ESCs (each with BEC)
1 Receiver
1 Battery
0 Y harness

1) I plan to connect the two BECs by simply cutting them and then connecting wire by color. Then connect those connected wires into a plug that'll connect to the Receiver. From what I understand, one of the red wires from one of the ESCs should be cut, to prevent over-loading the Receiver with amps. I cannot find a Y harness near my place, and would like to avoid placing an order online just for 1 small inexpensive item and ending up paying very expensively for shipping.
2) I will connect the Positives and Negatives of each ESC together, sauter on a plug, and plug it with the battery's respective Positives and Negatives
3) ,Connect ESCs to their own motors normally.

Would this setup work? Or did I get something wrong?? Help is much appreciated, thank you.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dual Motor Set Up

Easier to connect one esc to a spare channel and mix it to throttle if your tx will do this.