Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric flight training

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
flybabyg38
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric flight training

I am one of three flight instructors in our club we have a new member that has joined. He want only to fly electric's he has several but none that will work for training him to fly. He has a good 2.4 radio and several 4s lipos we need to find him a high wing trainer much like many of the traditional glow 4 channel trainer. The Alpha electric might work but the Hobbico next star electric seem a bit small and fragile. We fly off of a grass runway that is fairly smooth. Need some help please. Tim
Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Electric flight training

Well the Multiplex Mentor is a good plane. It is a tough plane to break.

Most any glow plane can be converted to "E" power.

What is his budget?

Mentor is $150.00 and the servos, motor ESC will be about another $100.00 or so.

motor Tacon 25

Exceed 60 amp ESC

APC 12X6 prop

(4) mini servos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcSPt...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7sAIz9Xm4

I have the older version, the Magister or Maggie. She flys very well and easy to handle. I have been wondering if I should trade the Maggie so I can upgrade to a Mentor.

Buzz.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Redex

I have just started to learn and prefer electric too, so just got a Seagull E-Pioneer with 4S3900 Overlander, 12*6 and Emax 60A ESC, uses 5 micro servos but it is possible to use 4 if you don't use a nose wheel servo. Seems to be well made but not maidened it yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:20 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The E-flite Apprentice is a good trainer in my experience.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM
CBM Racing

Why aren't his planes good enough to train on, to advanced? Hey, no need for a high wing to be a trainer. I had a hobbico easy star2 and when I try to fly it now, it really sucks. The parkzone t-28 is a fantastic trainer, can fly very slow, is very stable, lands like a dream... It is a low wing, but so what!!! It flies great right out of the box even. Maybe throw up some of the planes he has and let's see what he has and maybe he can save some money if one of them will work as a decent trainer. If he'll be on a buddy chord, he can train on almost any of the pz warbird planes. Time to throw out the idea that a trainer must be high winged. Most midsized planes can be easily hand launched as well, so forget about grass field takeoffs, look at it as a plus for short rollouts on landing.