Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need help programming flaperons on Dx6i, just won't work

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Need help programming flaperons on Dx6i, just won't work

Old 01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Zanek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help programming flaperons on Dx6i, just won't work

HelloI have a Radian, with flaps that have one servo each. There is a flap on each wing. I just got a Dx6i today, and I got it all programmed as per the manual for flaperons. So the servos are plugged into the two aileron ports, the Dualairleron servo thing is on, and the flaps work just fine, moving together when the flap switch is triggered. But when I move the aileron stick on my transmitter, the two flaps still move in unison, as if they were flaps. I just can't figure out how to make them move oppositely when in aileron mode. I have tried reversing flaps and ailerons, to no avail. Does anyone know what I am missing?Thanks, Zane
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 AM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Need help programming flaperons on Dx6i, just won't work

Flaperons are for a single aileron per wing that you want to use as flaps to.To get the flaps to mix you will have to go set up a a flap to aileron mix.
Im not sure the 6 has a trim function for the mixes though.And if you have a Y extension there is no way to do this.You must have a separate channel for each servo.Do you have 4 servos 2 in each wing?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Zanek

I have it set up this way: there is one airleron on each wing, each aileron has its own servo. each servo is plugged into the two aileron channels on the rx, so no, they are not on a y harness

ORIGINAL: mighty9

Flaperons are for a single aileron per wing that you want to use as flaps to.To get the flaps to mix you will have to go set up a a flap to aileron mix.
Im not sure the 6 has a trim function for the mixes though.And if you have a Y extension there is no way to do this.You must have a separate channel for each servo.Do you have 4 servos 2 in each wing?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM
OEMFlyer

What receiver do you have? If it is an AR500 ( 5channel) you cannot use flaperons. There are two aileron ports in this receiver but they are still only one channel. This was done so you could plug in both ailerons without using a Y harness. You would have to have a 6 channel receiver to program flaperons. One aileron in the aileron channel and the other in the aux. 1 (channel 6).
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Zanek

Ok.. THank you. I have ordered a 7 channel reciever