Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

fms mustang v2

Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 PM
paul cov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fms mustang v2

Hi all,
Well Santa bought me an fms mustang v2 this yr, bit disappointed with maiden flight, seems to fly very slow dispite trying various lipo batts ranging from 4s 3200, 4s 3900 and 4s 5000, i am currently running stock 4 blade prop and from what ive read and seen should fly well with no need to change to 2 blade set up, this apparently is,nt the case, i have some experience with lekky jobs but primarily im an i/c flyer for the past 15yrs, i also have habu edf and she fly.s beautifully, so any advice would be much appreciated guys (and girls), p.s. it fly,s alot slower than ive seen in the various vids.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: fms mustang v2

Changing capacity (mah) will not improve performance. In fact heavier batteries may degrade performance. Adding voltage (ie more cells) gives more performance, but at the cost of higher amperage (unless you adjust prop parameters). The issue is whether or not your motor and esc can handle an additional cell.
Walt
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
paul cov

Default RE: fms mustang v2

Thanks Walt.