Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hobby King Customer Service ?

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hobby King Customer Service ?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
rocketman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King Customer Service ?

Poor Customer Service from Hobby King.
I got an order of a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 180 3D helicopter, witch came with a defective Lipo charger, i expend time sending e-mails to Costumer Service, with no avail, as today I have no get a replacement for the defective part. Their keep an asking questions to not resolve my problem..
Also, their phone line for US has a recording and nobody answer it..ordering via Internet, is sometime misled regarding the fact to you are ordering from the US warehouse and at the end, their charge International postal service, from China.[] [&o]
Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
goirish

Default RE: Hobby King Customer Service ?

Do what I did. Open a dispute with either paypal or ebay and maybe if enough people do that. they may have to answer to them. I'm tired of no customer service. They willing take your money and then say to He** with you. Not any more for me.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do a search on Hobby King here on RCU You will find they are known for poor cust service. Some folks who post about HK feel the prices are low enough that
theyare willing to take the chance of being burned from time to time.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 AM
cubaneight

This is the down-side with hobby king. However, in my case I've saved several hundreds of pounds (dollars!) over UK rip off prices that I'll only buy an item that I can afford to take a loss on if things go pear shaped. So far I've only come unstuck with a few rotten servos, a retract valve that was solid, and a small UBEC that was junk. I did return a set of cheap and very nasty 250 size heli blades to HK and was duly credited with their cost (only did it as an exercise as the price of returning was almost what the blades were worth in the first place).
Here in the UK we are very well protected with what's known as the 'Distance Selling Regulations' when trading with domestic companies, but of course, the price is higher costs, taxes etc.
What does annoy me a little with HK is their insistance with the buyer returning a defective item for "inspection", (although they do trumpet that they are the only company that don't insist that items have to be returned in full retail packaging....very kind of them methinks!!). Now I can understand that HK needs to protect itself from scammers and rip-off merchants, but surely, customers such as myself and others having done over five hundred dollars worth of business with HK need to be trusted. After all, we've put over $500 worth of faith in HK in the first place.

C8
Old 03-29-2012, 03:58 AM
guamflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the thing that happened with my father and I was that HK wanted us to make a copy of credit card and send it over uncrypted e-mail as a pic. that scared us off. we went with TOWER and the service is Excellent every time. granted we pay slightly more but peace of mind is Priceless..I burnt out a retract servo and Tower replaced with new in 4 days..gotta Love that......

guamflyer
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 AM
startazz

No matter what company people use there will always be someone some where not happy for what ever reason,i'm not saying they are wrong and the company is right not at all,rather that there could be more to it than some people like to admit too.

I read on another forum some bloke had tried to get something exchanged and was moaning that HK was slow at sorting it out,well in the end they did then the bloke admitted he was at fault as he had used the wrong set up and burned out an ESC i think it was,now we wonder why HK takes it's time and want the product looked at before changing it,would you trust everyone who had said they brought a faulty part or plane or what ever because i know i wouldn't.

I've been buying off Hobbyking for over four years now and i've only ever had to get in touch with them once,and that was about an order that i thought was taking to long to get to me in the UK (which was only a week ) after i spoke to HK on there customer support through live messages i found out that it was the Chinese new year (different dates to ours) and that my order would be a bit late,only by a few days i might add,i see that as my fault as if i had checked i would of known that as it was on there website at the time,now i know when i order around that time of year (which is around 14th January) to remember it might be late,my choice.

I wont stop buying off them as someone else has already said i have saved loads (not saying how much as the Mrs might read it ) and i've been more than happy with what i have got,i for one haven't found another online website that can offer me all the stock they do and at there prices,you might find the odd one who claim they can and when it comes down to it they can't,don't ask how i know because thats another story. [:@]
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 AM
goirish

I also have been buying from HK for a long time. Never had a problem and recommended them to many of our club members. I do have a problem with them now. Gas engine has a wobble in the prop shaft. Never run and I can't get a replacement part or even buy one. Not happy with them at this point. Did file a claim with PayPal. Hope they take care of the problem.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 AM
cubaneight

Please keep us all posted on how your issue with HK is dealt with either by PayPal or HK itself.

Thanks.

C8
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
fmw

Hobby King plays a great role by providing rock bottom prices with no support.  The problem is that people want both the rock bottom prices and the support.  It doesn't work that way.  If you want support go to one of the higher end suppliers.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM
ira d

ORIGINAL: fmw

Hobby King plays a great role by providing rock bottom prices with no support. The problem is that people want both the rock bottom prices and the support. It doesn't work that way. If you want support go to one of the higher end suppliers.
The way I see it If HK does not want to or intend to provide support then they should say that up front. Let the customer know all sales are final and there is no warranty
on products purchased from HK.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
LarryV

I have had some limited support from HK but it was hard to get and there is a severe language barrier. I don't buy anything from HK that may have to be returned. Its best to pay a bit more and have the support from your local Hobby Shop.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
ira d

ORIGINAL: LarryV

I have had some limited support from HK but it was hard to get and there is a severe language barrier. I don't buy anything from HK that may have to be returned. Its best to pay a bit more and have the support from your local Hobby Shop.

I agree and I wont be purchasing anything from HK.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM
1fasthitman

I have returned several lipo packs to them that were bad. Communication and service is usually slow , but I have always gotten replacement products when I have requested them. China is a long ways away and the prices are great, but you sometimes sacrifice quality and service. Your LHS is more expensive but at least you'll probably get the quality and service you deserve.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Motorhomer
My Feedback: (4)

I agree. You get ROCK BOTTOM prices with poor to none service, or you get high prices with great service (like Tower Hobby). The choice is yours, use it wisely. And Ive spent prob close to a grand with them over the last 5-6 years. My.02 worth...........................

Ken McCormack
Old 05-25-2012, 03:55 AM
startazz

I know i can double that price easy with all the gear i've brought off Hobbyking and i've never had a problem as i've said before with them,i don't feel the need to wright this in capitals letters for what ever reason,as i'm sure some people understand what we are saying with out that.

Any way from what i've been reading on the Hobbyking Twitter feeds they have just got a bunch of new staff in and trained for there CS,plus there live online CS is up and running again after they took it down for a week or so to train the new staff.
So we can see HK is not only stepping up there game with there in house Durafly range of warbirds and other planes that they are sorting the CS out too,so HK can only get better IMHO even though i was more than happy with them any way.

Just my two pennies worth.