Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Having trouble putting all rc plane components together

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Having trouble putting all rc plane components together

Old 05-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Sblagloogium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble putting all rc plane components together

I bought some parts from HobbyKing and I have a ton of questions since I am completely new to this, other than flying a $40 plane that could not go up and down, and it doesn't even work since I made some crap wings for it when I had to redesign it.

I have a HK-TRGA V2 reciever, and it is labeled with Battery on top, then CH6 and so on. I don't know what to plug into the Battery slot, I was thinking the ESC?

Where would I put the switch? It has a two wires with a 3 slot plug on the "on" side, and a 2 wire 3 slot sleeve thing on the other, and it fits into itself.

Where would I put servos and a 3 slot 2 wire LED strip?

If I use a ESC that says 12V/3 Cell with a 2 Cell battery will it damage something?

What kind of power source could I use with the Turnigy LiPo 2S/3S Balance Charger? I have two Zippy 2 Cell battery packs and I was wondering if I could use the alligator clips onto a wall plug adapter with the box transformer thing on it, or even a AA charger for a camera (I think its LiPo/NiMH).

Also, would I be able to use a tiny motor from a rc helicopter as a bomb dropper thingy or something?

I know it's quite a bit of questions but I need to be sure I don't fry my brand new stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29541.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	1759250  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 PM
rem0.061
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: Having trouble putting all rc plane components together

The switch you have sounds like it is for a glow power setup. I think that "black thing" is a bind plug if hobby king uses them ( look for it in the instructions). The esc plugs into the throttle slot, nothing goes into the battery slot on the receiver. There should be symbols on the receiver to lable which way to plug things in such as +, -, and a square shape. The darkest servo/esc wire is the negative -, and the middle wire is the positive +, and the lightest colored wire lines up with the square shape. Use a 12 volt source for the charger such as a car battery or smaller. That charger may stop working unexpectedly (it is low quality). The charger makes its own lipo vs nimh current for charging the batts, so any 12v dc power supply of at least 1 amp will work. Never plug anything other than a 4-5 cell nimh battery, esc, and servo in to the receiver. you can use a servo to drop bombs, but not the heli motor. to find out where the servos go if the receiver is not labled with thro, aile, elev, rudd, you should just plug in a servo to each channel and move the controls to find which control goes where. The LED strip may go into an open channel on the receiver. One more thing, be sure to not over charge, over discharge or short the lipo battery, over chargeing and shorting can make it catch fire, and over discharging will cause it to quit working.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
rem0.061

Welcome to RC Universe. I see that it is your first post.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM
rem0.061

More info: you shouldn't need that switch. To turn the power on and off just plug and unplug the battery. Always turn the transmitter on before the receiver, and plug the esc into the receiver before pluging in the battery.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Sblagloogium

when i try to test a servo or the LEDS, every plug is powered even though theres nothing being done to the transmitter to activate them. they are labeled Battery, CH6 5 4 3 2 and 1 so its difficult to tell which goes where. also, i still cant figure out where to plug the battery leads into since theres two of them. also, are you sure about the helicopter motor not being enough to make a bomb hatch? im pretty positive i could make it work
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 AM
cubaneight

I really think that you need to join a local club and benefit from the experience of other flyers.

C8
Old 05-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Amen on cubaneight's suggestion. There's too much you need to know and learn that cannot be accomplished by back an forth Q&A's on RCU.

Its just to difficult this way.

Gary
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Sblagloogium

thanks for all the replies, i guess i'll look for an rc club in my area.