Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Rotten Bananas

Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM
BauerBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotten Bananas

I'm gonna put this plainly, Banana Hoby robbed me good! Afte a lengthy tradition of flying built up, gas powered warbirds, Igot talked into trying my luck with foam electrics. Bad choice. I ordered the giant scale FW190. The plain flew well however the retracts were lame and therefore unable to support the model on even the most gentle landing. Iapproached Banana, and they stalled me for about two months before finally offering to replace the faulty units. A month after that, they notify me that there are no units to be had. So to sum up, I now own a $220 piece of styrofoam taking up space in my garage. If Iwantto fly it, I'll have to go out and spend more of my own cash and buy retracts that actually work because Banana could care less.

My recommendation: Stay clear of BANANAHOBBY. They will rob you and leave you for dead once they have your cash. It happened to me, it has happened to countless others and as Irecently discovered, the company continues to change it's outward appearance in order to evade the BBB(Better Business Bureau). Do yourself a favor, and be sure the research any company you do business with so as to avoid potential traps such as the Rotten Banana Peel!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:16 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rotten Bananas

Sorry to hear ,but you are not alone.
I've been reading some threads on the fruit stands giant foamy Corsair and P40 for about $450.00 each. Those owners are experiencing the same issues with faulty ,under powered/performing mechanics and electronics. They were told they don't stock many of the parts so some owners went right to the manufacturer to order landing gear, etc ...at a high cost only to find the replacements as bad as the originals. Some have spent countless hours and expense outfitting more reliable gear into the planes and some making their own replacement mechanics. A $450.00 plane quickly turned into a $1000.00 + piece of foam or a $450.00 static display.
That's their MO, find a nice looking plane for folks to drool over but outfit it with sub-par mechanics/electronics Meanwhile BH has their money and doesn't really care about customer service or support.
Good luck !
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
BauerBasher

Funny you should bring up their P40. I watched a friend flying one at our field today. It barely had enough power to stay in the air. Also, watched his gear collapse. Someone needs to shut these idiots down.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Gohmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you expect them to do? If the retracts that came with it were faulty do you think the replacements will be any better? Just put some good retracts in it and enjoy. Or take them out and belly land it. Banana Hobby doesn't design the retracts or anything else. They're just a retailer. All chinese airplanes have marginal or worse components no matter who sells them to you.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
BauerBasher

You are 100% correct, however, what I DO expect them to do is support their customers as any respectable retailer should. These people are clearly pushing out merchandise with absolutely no regard for the people patronizing their business. If you sell a product to someone it is your responsibility as the retailer to provide some level of support to your customers. In my case they have given me none. In other cases they have gone as far as accepting cash without ever fulfilling the order. I personally know two people in this predicament. That's criminal. That needs to stop.