Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Airfiels 800mm P51

Old 10-03-2014, 01:04 AM
340cudaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfiels 800mm P51

I have an 800mm Airfield p51 Mustang and would like to install electric retracts. Any suggestions? The wing is approx. 21mm thick
where the retracts would be mounted. Some I have seen are about that thick and would protrude above the wing.

Thanks

Glenn
Old 10-29-2014, 07:32 AM
XMech2k
My Feedback: (2)

I recently found retracts at Hobby King that claim they are 21mm tall. (Haven't received them yet. ) You'd have to cut very close to the top of the wing, and I guess leaving a little out the bottom, but I think that'll be hard to see in flight.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...unt_2pcs_.html
Old 10-30-2014, 11:07 AM
340cudaman

Thanks. I found a set at hobby parts in L.A. Ca. They are suppose to be approx. 19mm thick. Should arrive in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how the work.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:32 AM
340cudaman

The retracts will fit. They will be just below the bottom of the wing which will not effect how they work. I also installed flap servos (they work great). When I finish installing the retracts I'll post a video.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:45 AM
340cudaman

I'm having trouble trying to get the video on this thread. The retracts I got were purchased @ http://www.hobbypartz.com
If you want to give me your email I may be able to send it. We have a new computer (windows 8) and is very different
from the XP we use to have.