Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which aircraft has .................

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Which aircraft has .................

Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which aircraft has .................

Which aircraft has the thickest, or the most efficient airfoil, the Sig Kadet, or the Telemaster ?

Ed
Old 10-07-2014, 05:03 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Ed! I'm pretty sure the Kadet has the thicker overall airfoil, not sure about efficiency though. My own Kadet Mk-II is beautifully "high lift" and still wonderfully aerobatic (within its limits, of course). The Telemaster-40 that a friend flies is more like my own Butterfly, although a bit stouter - it behaves more like a powered glider than something I'd call "aerobatic", including the wing-flex.

Both plane designs can carry a bit of a load. IMHO, the Telemaster can probably carry more dead weight, but the Kadet would carry it with a bit of a performance factor still there.

Just wondering, what do you have in mind?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Ed

I want to borrow the wing plan form from either the Kadet or the Telemaster for something that I want to scratch build, and I'm looking for a floater. What's this about the Telemaster having wing flex ? Is that a breakage problem with the Telemaster ?

Ed
Old 10-08-2014, 01:30 AM
skylark-flier

Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I want to borrow the wing plan form from either the Kadet or the Telemaster for something that I want to scratch build, and I'm looking for a floater. What's this about the Telemaster having wing flex ? Is that a breakage problem with the Telemaster ?

Ed
Not so much a breakage problem, although I've seen TM wings snap during maneuvers in years past. But then, any wing can snap if you put too much pressure to it. Telemaster wings are built in nearly the same manner as sailplane wings, it's longer than most in its class. I've watched it (this is the TM-40) flex up and down on loops and rolls - you can actually see it bend sometimes. The Kadet wing is thicker, stronger and heavier (in most cases). HOWEVER, if you want a "super-floater" wing, the Telemaster wing's the one to go to - for sure. Only thing I'd do when building is to make sure I put sheer-webbing all the way out to the tip - that will minimize, or maybe even eliminate, the flex ability.

Hey, sounds like an interesting project. Planning to do a "build" thread?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Ed

Wonderful Dave, thank you very much. This is exactly the kind of answer that I am looking for.

"
Only thing I'd do when building is to make sure I put sheer-webbing all the way out to the tip " Great tip, this is exactly what I will do.

Thank you kindly sir.

zak

Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM
skylark-flier

My pleasure, surely. I hope you keep us up on how the project progresses.