Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Entry level help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:20 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Entry level help please!

Hi everyone...24 years on glow and 72mhz, time to get an electric. I saw the Tower Hobbies Corsair at my club on Sunday, watched it fly, I want to get one. I am thoroughly confused about ESC's, batteries, connectors, what all the numbers mean and what I should get, terminology etc etc! One of the guys had a Tactic transmitter and loves it, another guy has an orange Tx by Hobbyking, swears by their stuff. My club has restricted hours due to placating the neighbors but electrics can fly any time. Thanks for any and all tips and suggestions!
Bill in Pa.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:56 AM
ArcadeAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill
This thread has a TON of good info... This will get you going!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ic-flight.html
Old 04-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by billinpa
Hi everyone...24 years on glow and 72mhz, time to get an electric. I saw the Tower Hobbies Corsair at my club on Sunday, watched it fly, I want to get one. I am thoroughly confused about ESC's, batteries, connectors, what all the numbers mean and what I should get, terminology etc etc! One of the guys had a Tactic transmitter and loves it, another guy has an orange Tx by Hobbyking, swears by their stuff. My club has restricted hours due to placating the neighbors but electrics can fly any time. Thanks for any and all tips and suggestions!
Bill in Pa.
I'll second the recommendation for the Tactic 850, by far the best buy for the money right now . I have Futaba FAAST, Spectrum and FRSKY. While all are quite good, the Tactic is easier to program, less expensive receivers and lots more function for the dollar than the others. However, if you are in a club, it is often beneficial to be using the most popular brands used by the members if you need experienced help.