Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Horizon F4U Corsair S trim question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Horizon F4U Corsair S trim question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 PM
magnum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horizon F4U Corsair S trim question

I am getting back into the hobby and started flying the Corsair. However the first two flights have been a lesson in test flying. Evidently the Alabama heat warped the stab/elevator. Replaced it and getting ready to go it again.

I am not sure about receiver. For elevator I have full up but down elevator is about 20% of travel. That is in all 3 modes.

Is that normal for the Safe technology and the as3x in this plane?

Not sure why down elevator would be limited. I would prefer to have more than whats given.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:48 AM
magnum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to try out a AR636 Sport i was planning to put in a converted Rascal Forty I am working on in the F4U. I plugged the servos up and had plenty of servo travel. From the bouncing the plane took with the old receiver - dropping almost a foot on final, I am thinking the receiver was bad. Servo seems fine, and I am sure that in experienced mode you should have full down elevator.

Will see how this Sport works tomorrow - weather permitting.