Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 said .60 glow and eflight .46 for Electric Why?

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hanger 9 said .60 glow and eflight .46 for Electric Why?

Old 05-07-2016, 06:11 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hanger 9 said .60 glow and eflight .46 for Electric Why?

I am new to electric so I have no idea on why the instruction for my Hangar 9 Sopwith Camel 60 ARF calls for a .60 2-stroke and 91 4-stroke, but calls for a E-flite Power 46 outrunner for electric. I want to make this plane electric so I am going to go with the e-flight. I have been told to run a Power 60 outrunner cuz it is the same as a 60 glow engine. There is a big differences in price from the 46 and the 60 outrunner. If the 60 is going to be way to much for it I dont want to spend the money if I do not have to.

Any and all info will be appreciated. Thanks
Paul
Old 05-17-2016, 06:42 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The E Flite motors have different RPM (KV) ratings.
When looking at the 46, 52, and 60 motors, that must be taken into account.
First, what is the expected overall weight, and what is the maximum propeller length?

Apropos of nothing my electric ARF version of the P-51 PTS has an approximate weight of 10-1/2 lbs and uses an E Flight 52.
with 12x8x3 prop. It flies quite well without being grossly overpowered. The manual listed weight was in the same general area as your plane.
Battery? I use a 6S5000mah Lipo.