Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

NEW Avios Grand Tundra (unbox and flight test video)

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

NEW Avios Grand Tundra (unbox and flight test video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:13 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default NEW Avios Grand Tundra (unbox and flight test video)

At 1.7m wingspan this is one BIG foamie. Bigger is better and this Grand Tundra flies much like it's original 1.3m version from 2 years ago but in a BIGGER much more stable way. Same big Bush wheels, same big barn door flaps...but there are some awesome new enhancements. 6 part light system is one nice addition as are the turbulators on top of the wing to reduce the stall speed.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:30 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Previous video couldn't hope to show off the Grand Tundra lights in the bright sunshine....so here's a short vid I shot last night. Maybe some night flying to be had !

Old 03-20-2018, 04:14 AM
Sarge50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why took these so long to come to market? They were advertising these as ready to ship last November and now it looks like they won't ship ANY retail planes until after April First.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:47 AM
Sarge50

They have finally started shipping out the GT, nearly a year and a half after they said it would ship. In 2017 it would have been a great airplane. Midway through 2018 it is already outdated. No clear windows?
And they have already agreed to replace the weak ESC's that come with the plane. 18 months of planning and no one at HK checked out the ESC's? What a joke.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:02 AM
Electric Mike

HELP NEEDED!!

Can any Grand Tundra owner supply me with a wiring diagram for the nav lights??
Bought a second hand Grand Tundra, and a power supply cable or connection for the nav lights seem to be missing.

Any hints, drawings or photos would be greatly appreciated, if I just can see how it is supposed to be connected I can make my own cable.

It seems like there is an extra JST socket at the acc end of the ESC, probably for the power supply to the nav lights, but then there would be an extra BEC or UBEC on that cable, which then spread out for connections to the nav lights, beacon and landing lights, or????

Any info on this subject will be greatly appreciated!!

/best regards from Mike in Sweden