Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I lost control of my electrified glider

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I lost control of my electrified glider

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:45 PM
louisthelou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I lost control of my electrified glider

I nearly had a heart attack the other day when my electrified glider decided to not listen to my transmitter. It flew straight and unresponsive for about 15 seconds. It was going towards a housing complex beyond the field. I ran towards it because I thought the transmitter range was low. I could not get any closer. I turned the transmitter off, then turned it back on and I regained control. I landed it immediately. When I got home I did a range check and it was good. The batteries in the transmitter were good. All the connections wee good. The plane has 9 mini servos. Only 6 were being used when it lost control. This is my 3rd flight at this field. The battery is a venom 4000 20C, 3 cell. The speed controller is a Jeti model Spin 66 Pro. The plane and all the electronics have 5 flights on them. At the time it lost control it was about 300 ft. away. I have had it up to 500 ft. away before and it had no problem. It had been in the air for a while. The battery was getting low, but could the ESC shut everything down, including the receiver and servos too?