Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Arizona Model makers Biplane park fliers

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Arizona Model makers Biplane park fliers

Old 03-23-2020, 12:12 PM
nebp40man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Model makers Biplane park fliers

I have both the S.E.5a and Fokker DVII park fliers That I bought years ago. I want to go electric with them but feel there are probably better motors out there than the Himax HA2025-4200 or 5300 recommended in there build manual over 10 years ago. Both planes are essentially the same size and weight. Wingspan=43.25", Length =32.5", Weight=55oz., wing loading is 15.26oz./sq. ft., Wing area is 519 sq. in. Uses a .25 if going nitro, With this info I'd like recommendations for motor and Esc. Thanks
Old 03-24-2020, 04:11 AM
rgburrill

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I prefer the Tacon Bigfoot, 32 in your case. For one reason if I want a 32 size motor I can get a 32 size equivalent motor without having to go through the hassle of figuring out can sizes, kV, and all that BS. And they are actually more like 4 stroke equivalents to the given 2 stroke size so they turn a bigger prop. And another reason is they are a lot cheaper than Eflite who also has (or at least had) size numbering system. And for the ESC I like the HobbyWing Platinum. Inexpensive, good cooling and easy to program from your transmitter. But do use a UBEC. I also sometimes put in an external Deans plug to keep the ESC unpowered but the UBEC powered until I have finished preflight and my plane is ready to roll.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:21 PM
nebp40man

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 PM
nebp40man

Thank you, I appreciate your help.