Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

zagi motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 02:26 AM
bryman298l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zagi motors

I just wanted to know what sould i put in my zagi. I found an old motor lying around my house and its the same as the motor in my zagi so i held the can and turned up the timeing on it to see if i could get beter power out of the motor but while i was flighing it the motor would run then it would sudenly turn off then turn on again and it would do it alot and then i was flighing it away from me then the motor sut completly sut off and i lost servo control and then it jumped on and of then banked left and started coming torwourds me the i got motor and servo control again. I think i canged the timeing to much. I want to buy a cobalt or could i put a 05 in it with a sub c baterie pack in it instead of the cobalt! I need more power, it just wont get altitude with a little breeze it just get sucked to the ground rite above the bushes. :disappoin
Old 07-12-2002, 01:54 AM
rryman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default zagi motors

Hi,
My son and I just got in from a bit of night flying with our new Zagi's and we are experiencing the same problem with the motor cutting off momentarily. We have the stock motor that came with the kit. We think that having the transmitter antenna pointed directly at the model has something to do with it. That's something you're not supposed to do. We didn't seem to have the problem if we kept the antenna level. We have glow wire attached to them and I was having enough trouble getting acclimated to flying an RC plane at night!
Randy
Old 07-12-2002, 04:22 AM
bryman298l

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zagi motor

Randy,

I think that mine is a little over weight because i used hinges insted of the hinge tape , and well , i apoxied the hinge part of it so i had to take it off, then i modified the hinges to work then, but when i whas flying it i kindove got to close to the ground and it tore the elevon right off. So then i went back to work on my zagi, but instead off hinges this time i use packeging tape, stick yet lite, but a little weak. i put a peace of tape on the botom and the top. back to why its to heavy, all that apoxie from the hinges is useles opoxie thats making the plane heavie. I cant take the opoxie off because it sticks to good to fome. I think that why my zagi isnt flying all that hot. Most of the motor problems i think are because of the motor because i turned up the timeing to much so its interfering with the radio. Because my stock motor wasnt doing that. oh yeah, i turned up the timing because i wanted to get more rpms out the the extra motor i have. i thought the most that could happen is that i could burn up a motor but i allmost lost a plane.

bryan