Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Frequencys for electric flyers...

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Frequencys for electric flyers...

Old 12-07-2004, 01:14 AM
RickShaw739

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequencys for electric flyers...

I've never looked into the electric's. Do they fly on the same frequency's as gas R/C's? Or do you need a separate Tx. to fly them?

In other words can I use my Futuba 4YF Tx. on channel 42 (72.630 MHZ) with an electric plane. Can you get the Rx.'s for the electric's on this channel?
Or can you just buy the frequency's chip for the Tx. ?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Frequencys for electric flyers...

The FCC makes absolutely no distinction based on powerplant. A radio-controlled aircraft is a radio-controlled aircraft, be it an airplane, a helicopter, a blimp, or even a grand piano launched from a catapult. It doesn't matter if it's powered by gas, alcohol/nitro, electric, steam, rubber, or flatuations. If it flies, you are supposed to use the 72MHz frequencies to control it.

No other agency or organization can tell you what to do with the frequencies. You do not have to be an AMA member to use the frequencies.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
RickShaw739

Default RE: Frequencys for electric flyers...

Yeah I see your point.
So then if I buy an electric I can get the Rx. for it on channel 42 (72.630 MHZ)

Or if the plane (Rx.) comes on another channel can I get the frequency's chip for my Rx. ??
The same as other gas planes.