Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?

Old 07-10-2005, 12:21 PM
BigTruckDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?

What plane kit can I install the enternals from the aero bird.Aero bird has taken a few straight shots to the ground,and needs a new body.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:40 PM
diviatix

Default RE: Aero bird elect. system and radio,to use with which airplane kit?

did the same to one of mine... You can get another complete aerobird fuselage with all the internal gear by for any channel for $49 -- www.hobbyzonesports.com
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 AM
critterhunter

Yea, but if you get a new body (which only comes with new electronics...unlike the Extreme which just the body or the electronics can be bought for) you'll have good electronics sitting around doing nothing from the old bird. I did the same thing, picked up a new Challenger body/electronics and am now searching for a candidate to put the old guts into. I was sticking it into a foam toy glider but kind'a got board with the project. I still want to put it into a glider but something worth doing it with. There are "V" tail gliders out there with 400 class motors on them and no electronics. I'm looking at a ready to fly body (no building) for around $60 or $70. Others have put the Challenger guts into foam gliders, a stealth delta wing type, a Slow V, etc. Any body that uses "V" tail mixing or can be modified to use a V tail will work. Delta wing type bodies will also work with the control mixing. A good candidate would be the Hyper Wing. Let us know how you do.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:58 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Any model that uses a V tail or elevons could be flown with the aerobird Challenger guts. If you keep it to a plane that uses a speed 400 or smaller motor you should be fine, but the Aerobird motor would fly them as well.

Most flying wings can be flown with an elevon/speed 370 combo. That might be a good set-up.