Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

problem with triton charger

Old 08-20-2005, 11:29 AM
JustGettinGoing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with triton charger

I have had the electrifly triton charger for about 2 years. And every time I try to charge a battery it says no battery I checked all the conections and they are all good I tried it again and it does the same thing what could be the problem.

Old 08-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Default RE: problem with triton charger

Bad battery or you shorted the output leads at some point are guesses. Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:25 AM
woodduck-RCU

What type of batteries are you charging? My Triton charges everyting but NIMH, when I try to charge NIMH it says no battery or not enough input volts. This might not be correct but I set the Triton to NICAD at 1/2 the recommend charge rate for NIMH and I can charge my NIMH batteries. My Triton started this problem at about 2 years also.

Wood Duck
Old 08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
JustGettinGoing

I don't have a voltmeter and i was trying to charge a 1 1/2 year old team Losi 6 cell mini t battery and a 2600mAh 7 cell battery for my corona that is about 2 months old
Old 08-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

Well, try this - see if the batteries have any juice left by plugging them into whatever model they fit and see if you at least get the serovs to move and maybe the motor to work. Then you know its got at least something.

Then, turn on the Triton, plug in the charge lead and then hold in both small black buttons. This will take you to the voltage screen even though you're not actively charging. It should read somewhere close to 0.0. Then plug in each of the batteries and see if it sees a voltage change. If not, its likely been shorted or just had a component failure of some kind. Since you're out of warranty most likely, you're most likely out of luck in that case.

I guess emailing Hobbico or whoever couldn't hurt.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

What are you using to power the charger itself?, I had a similiar problem with mine, turns out that the input voltage to the charger was not enough to make it work, I bought a power supply after that.

Joe
Old 08-21-2005, 06:56 PM
JustGettinGoing

I usally use a car battery and some times I use a hangar 9, 12v 7Ah sealed battery.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: JustGettinGoing

I usally use a car battery and some times I use a hangar 9, 12v 7Ah sealed battery.

You might want to check the voltages on those batteries.

Joe
Old 08-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Trogdor the Burninator

The triton also report input voltage by pushing both small black buttons at the same time. use the dial to find the input voltage screen and the output voltage to check the battery packs you're trying to charge..