Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Brushless upgrade for Multiplex Micro-Jet

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Brushless upgrade for Multiplex Micro-Jet

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless upgrade for Multiplex Micro-Jet

Does anyone have the multiplex microjet? what's a good brushless motor/ prop combo for this plane? how many amps is it pulling, and what battery are you using?

would a himax 2025 direct drive with let's say a 6x4 prop and 3s 1500mah lipo be a good match for this plane?

i was looking at the balsa products motors (cheap!) but it looks like these are more for 3d type planes, requiring a large prop to produce good thrust.

any suggestions/ comments?

thanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

Default RE: Brushless upgrade for Multiplex Micro-Jet

I have one with the multiplex 400-6d motor and the castle creations 35 amp esc using a 2200 lipo and a 5x5 prop the thing is a BULLET at full power and a real hoot to fly. You must be careful launching it though, crank in some up elevons and throw it hard and straight
Old 06-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Bigbobby

I think it may be too small. I am going to use the 2815/4 turn with a 3 cell lipo in my microjet. After doing some research on here and other boards, it powers the F27 well so should push the jet along quite nicely.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:03 PM
TJ Moran

I fly the Microjet with a Mega 16-15-2 (4600Kv) spinning an APC 4.75 X 4.75 prop; Jeti 70 amp BEC speed controller, with an EVO 2100 Mah 3S 1P 20C/30C burst pack. P-calc figures (Diversity Models Website) are 163 mph, 510 watts out, 68 amps at WOT, 36,220 rpm. I take all the P-calc stuff with "a grain of salt," but I can tell you it scoots. Weighs about 20 ounces which gives it about 400 watts per pound, which is respectable.

TJ