Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Northeast Sail Planes Javelin

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Northeast Sail Planes Javelin

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Richie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast Sail Planes Javelin

I expect to receive my NSP Javelin tomorrow 12/12/02. I will post my experience with this model on this thread. If anyone else has any experience with this model or similar model please pass on any tips or advice that might be helpful. I ordered the system package which includes a 480 motor instead of the 400 that comes with the standard kit. I spoke with the designer of the plane and he said that if trimmed correctly the plane is capable of hovering with this motor. I will eventually go brushless though.

Richie
Old 12-31-2002, 08:33 PM
RickC2009
My Feedback: (12)

Richie,
I just saw this plane and boy does it look good!
http://www.nesail.com/Javelin/javelin1.jpg
Did you get your's?
How does it look/ Fly?
Does it really Hover?
Any info would be a big help!
Thanks

RickC2009
Old 01-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Richie

Default ...

Well things are off to a rough start... First don't expect to get the red covering advertised. You get the color they are using that day for building models(mine is an amber/yellow). Also no decals. My kit was missing a few parts and the gearbox came out of adjustment and shreded itself. They sent me a new one, but it was the wrong gearbox. I'm now waiting on the right one. The landing gear design is useless. I had to fabricate my own design for the landing gear. They sent me the wrong battery, but finally sent me the right one. The plane flies okay on the 480 motor that is supplied in the complete package(a 400 is supplied if you only buy the kit). But the plane really needs a brushless to live up to its potential. It would be a real dog on the 400. If you do deside to get this kit make sure you only deal with Frank at North East Sail planes( he is the only one who knows what he is talking about) and ask if the instructions have been completed( mine didn't come with any). I already have this plane so I'm going to make it work correctly and have fun with it(after some headache), but if you deside to get one good luck and prepare to do some trouble shooting.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Steve Guinn

Was going to order this plane today.
Luckily, I decided to check RCU for input on it.
Oh well, it sure is pretty, but I don't need the headache. :disappoin

Thanks for posting your experience. :thumbup:
Old 06-30-2003, 04:08 AM
logan6700

I dont have your plane or i have any intentions of getting it what i am here for is some nesail bashing. I my self was considering getting a slowflyer so i ordered one from nesail.com . what I got in the mail was not what i ordered.

I looked up the battery online that i ordered with my plane it was 35 bux at nesail for a 7 cell 300mah nicad boy was i pissed when i found out that i over paid for it. a few months later i also ordered a mega motor from them and they shipped me a averox motor same as the mega but i wanted a mega. I think that company has a bunch of retards working for them. I thought i was the only one but now i see they still messing things up