Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wanting To Convert This Aerobat...help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wanting To Convert This Aerobat...help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:22 PM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting To Convert This Aerobat...help

This has been a good little design project for me and it flies just great on a 27yr ole O.S. 15 bushed engine turning an 8x6 prop. Pretty fast and very aerobatic. It has 4 FMA S200 servos, 750 mil NiMh battery and FMA Fortress receiver. It wieghts 32 oz dry. I could shave some wieght in the airframe and really would like to try converting it to electric.
It has 44" span and 352 sq in wing area. Semi-symetrical airfoil.
I was thinking a Maxcim brushless setup.
So what prop and batteries would you all recommend?

I have plans if anyone is interested in them.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_2297.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2050  
Old 02-04-2002, 06:21 PM
Brad-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting To Convert This Aerobat...help

Wayne,

Great looking plane! Based on your description, it should make a very good electric conversion. If I figured it correctly, your wing loading is only 13.1oz/ft2?? While I would certainly recommend a MaxCim system for a wide range of planes (I have one and love it), yours may be better off with a smaller system. May want to check out Hacker, Mega, or Jeti brushless motors. Depending on your final weight and the type of performance you're looking for, you'll probably want 160 to 250 watts of input power.

Brad