Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
countrygentleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

What was the reason for it taking so long? After one year I'd demand my money back and spread the word on how bad the company is.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

A paying customer should get priority but the problem with RT Models is once you pay you are no longer the priority it seems. I hope you get your Dash 8 Kaltag but my experience tells me you won't.

Countrygentleman, RT can't reply to emails because he never has a working computer. I don't get progress reports or picture because of the same reason. Would I do business with RT Models again if I had to do it all over again? What do you think? [sm=angry_smile.gif]
Old 01-13-2007, 06:31 PM
countrygentleman

Yes?[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 01-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Birddog-RCU

Incorrect... you do not win the prize, you do not pass go. You get to deal with Rt Models and collect NOTHING! [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Semi Retired Aviator

Bird dog, better than pay him a visit yourself, have someone else pay him a visit..There are big guys who will be much more persuasive than you. Law of the jungle you may say; well he swung the first vine and you're doing no more than reciprocating.

I'd say you waited about three years too long to start this campaign.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Birddog-RCU

Semi... totally agree. I waited far too long. My only hope is that none of you will make the same mistake and can learn from my mistakes.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:34 AM
rifleman_btx

Sounds like a job I could take on... LOL! With that email, what the heck was he thinking there? How old is this guy 18? Almost sounds like a highschool punk with no idea what it means to run a business.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Kaltag
My Feedback: (2)

I will be calling tomorrow to find out status of my dash-8 Will let you guys know.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Kaltag

Ok, here is my story. About a year and a half ago, I commissioned the Dash-8 with everything on it. Spared no expense. Retracts, lighting, motors, speed controllers etc. Promises and broken promises, one after the other. Now I am unable to get ahold of him and he does not return my email. Extremely upset about this. I have a hard time thinking that mark can do this but after reading all the threads, im really getting worried here. The firstl model that was supposedly finished was destroyed in a car wreck. He was having someone drive cross country and I was on his way, but the story goes that the gentleman got into a wreck and the model was destroyed. So now were waiting on model 2. He says he will crate it up and, well this was well over a month and a half ago. Now no answer. Guys, what is there to do? I am still on a freindly basis with him but believe I will need to take it up a notch and pressure him and let him know this is not acceptable. At this point, money is no object. If I have to take legal action, Purchase a plane ticket, whatever I need to do LEGALY. When I get this way, ill spend 10 times more than the airplane is worth to resolve this issue, because now it becomes just a matter of principal. I cant stand seeing everyone on here complain and not get what they paid for. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Kaltag

Anyone in the OCALA area?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Birddog-RCU

Kaltag, I feel for you man. I guess you now realize there was no car wreck and that you are being strung along. My saga continues as well with zero movement and another 100 computer problems that make it impossible to get pictures. Ocala seems to be the Bermuda triangle for computers.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Kaltag

Yes, i really realize I have been lied to over and over, and I think this is BS. I guess im just in one of those moods tonight. I did get alot done around the house. Anyhow, I have a few plans on how to resolve this but cant post on here, but will keep you posted on whats new. Im going to do what I can tomorrow, in regards to contacting him, and also an email. If no response, then part 1 of my plan must go into action.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Birddog-RCU

Mark claims to have had computer troubles for months now and how one can run a web based business without a computer is beyond me but I've already been over this recurring excuse. He still doesn't have a functioning computer so he tell us. I don't buy it. Because he does not have access to a computer he sent me one of those disposable cameras. I have used these before and they take ok pictures. I wasn't surprised but I was furious when I got the "pictures" back and there weren't any pictures... just blank dark blobs. It just never ends.

Mark tells me he is ready to ship one of the planes now and another one next week. I'm going to have the SR9 shipped and wee how it looks. I'll report on if this happens at all. I'm sceptical as I've been told this would happen for a few years.

Kaltag... hows it going with your issues?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Kaltag

I was told my dash-8 would be shipped this week. Not shipped....., I did get an email from him saying he was in the hospital and would be out the middle of this week. So, another week goes by. Will have to find out when the new ship date is.....?? Alan, when did he contact you to let you know he was olmost ready to ship?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Birddog-RCU

I was told on March 1 that at the end of next week he would ship. Came and went as usual. Hospital... right [:@]
Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Kaltag

Ok guys, same old stuff. I was told the same as Alan. I was also told he would contact me on the 14th. NOTHING!! So im just a bit upset, as you can see when I started to post my issues. This is just rediculous. Guys,, any solid ideas on how to handle this? I did send him a pretty firm email requesting response and action within 48hrs. Pretty simple request. Plane to be shipped or a full refund within 48 hrs. Will keep you posted.......
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 PM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Wow, What an ordeal!!!! I am glad you've post this thread. I had the same problem with Bob Parkingson models another company you all should avoid. he actually moved to canada after while, I finally just accepted it but I was not out as much money as you. I wish I could help I'll send him a e-mail on your behalf. take care
Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Birddog-RCU

Still no word and no shipment. Will not return email and no answer when you call. I expect the web site to disappear within 30 to 60 days.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Semi Retired Aviator

Sounds like time to send da boyz in to me. Do you know any bricklayers, concretors, or even better, wharf labourers? They're the ones.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Heli007

I would not sit around and keep waiting, this guy sounds like a compulsive liar and a crook. I do not understand how a person can still do business. If you have to slam his name, don't hesitate since he took your money hook line and sinker and doesn't plan on making it right. Mark Turner you should be ashamed of yourself, and you should refund these guys there hard earned money. Heli007
Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Doc Austin

I deal with this guy and he treats me like gold. It seems like everyone else is saying the same thing.......

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/ContactUs.aspx

This thread is a pretty sad story, but it's not the only one. If you want to see some cheezed off people, check this out............

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Kaltag

Well from what I see, he has been in the hospital for about 3 weeks now. His message 3 weeks ago said he would be out that week. Supposedly, he is going to be out this week. Ya cant be in the hospital forever, now some would say the hospital is just a cover, who knows.

Hey Doc, do you know if hes in the hospital? Have you talked to him lately?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Birddog-RCU

Anything new from your end Kaltag?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Kaltag

I called his shop. His message now says he is out of the hospital and on crutches. I have not got a message from him but from his freind. I left a message today insisting he contact me either my cell or office. There is more to this but will not post until I find out a few things.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Birddog-RCU

And now there is no message. I have not heard from Mark in about two months now and that comes after another promise to get some planes shipped to me. I'm getting no response now. No big shock.

Folks... I just have to say I will not and cannot recommend anyone do business with RT Models. There is no customer commitment and a total lack of honesty. Lets call it what it is... theft. Mark will take advantage of you and your good will at every chance. He has done it to many as Kaltag and I (among others) can attest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.