Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Old 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Bumping this to give others knowledge of my experiences in hopes that I can save someone from loss and pain.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
bobferguson

I wish I had seem this make in April when I ordered a Twin Otter arf c/w motors,esc and servos installed. I was talking to him today and he says the wing has been shipped and the rest will go out Wed. He said he was going to charge my cc a deposit but billed the full cost. Then later he billed another $424. When I asked I got various stories and that he would get the cc company to reverse the charge two weeks later I fail see a credit of $330? I have yet to get a anwser for the difference.
I hope he is sending my plane.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Birddog-RCU

If I were you I would contest all charges immediately with your credit card bank.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 AM
bobferguson

Well I just talked to Mark and my Twin Otter has been send and he is e-mailing the tracking numbers. I little late but better that then not at all.
Now I wait to verify the plane arrives in good shape. Also wait for some invoive to expain the charges on cc.
I look forward to flying the Twin Otter.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
eagleone622
My Feedback: (36)

bob PM me
Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Birddog-RCU

bump
Old 06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
bobferguson

Well I talked to Mark today. Same old hospital line. Now he has not been to his office but was told some packages came back. Ya right. I had all ready got a new mastercard. Before he called I had called my credit card company and about his charges and they they would send it to investigations. He offered to credit back my money before I told him about calling my cc. He also said he agree to the charge backs.
So no TO and lesson learned. Now I search for a different TO through I wanted the Canadian Coastguard

Bob
Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 AM
bobferguson

Anybody build Twin Otter other than rtmodels.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Birddog-RCU

Bump... gotta keep the info available for others to consider when making buying decisions.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
bobferguson

Well I am lucky Mastercard has credited all the charges make by rtmodels. So I only out a nice plane but not any money.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM
codemazter

since im a commuter from the south of norway to the north, i travel with the Dash-8 100 every 14th day...
because of that i was looking for a r/c model of this... found RTmodels on the web and went in here to see if anyone had any experience with the company or plane... not very nice reading, and thank you for saving me lots of trouble.

can anyone tell me if other companys make the dash-8?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Birddog-RCU

Hej,

Hope the information has been of some help. Jeg vil kigge og se om ikke der findes andre der fremstiller dash-8 modelfly.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
wakeflying

I am another victim of the scam, when I read this thread it was my exact story, I am only out 500 bucks, But it really stinks that there are crooks like this in this hobby. I hope that people do a little research before they buy from these little guys. I figured I was lucky and I got a hold of a person who really liked to build model airplanes, instead I got a total scammer who makes a living on the trust of other people. What a shame. I just want to warn people about Mark Turner and RT MODELS.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
sharpshooter223

maybe you should buy yourself a ticket to florida, knock on (or down if you want to) his door and offer to bring your planes back with you, either he will have to do that or he will know he has been beat.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
bobferguson

What planes I don't think he built anything.

ORIGINAL: sharpshooter243

maybe you should buy yourself a ticket to florida, knock on (or down if you want to) his door and offer to bring your planes back with you, either he will have to do that or he will know he has been beat.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Birddog-RCU

I have received recent correspondence from Mark. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Birddog-RCU

Still nothing
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Kaltag
My Feedback: (2)

I received email also. Says I should get the Insurance claim money for my shipping/greyhound soon. Will keep all posted.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Birddog-RCU

In the spirit of keeping interested parties informed... I have again received promises for a few weeks in a row now but no shipment or refunds.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Birddog-RCU

The promise to ship this week has gone unfulfilled but wait... there is a promise to ship next week! I'll continue to update weekly.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Birddog-RCU

Nothing shipped. Mark still has my planes and my money.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Birddog-RCU

Another week and the promise to ship not met. No funds refunded despite my demand that they be refunded.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:04 PM
bobferguson

I would not give him your credit card number. I did and he charged all most $1000 to my card which was the full price for builting a TO and suppling motors etc, shich he never send, when he was only authorized to charge a $150 deposit. He also charged a number $450 for no reason, he said he the credit card company did it not him. I amanged to get my credit card to reverse the $1000 but I am still short $70 from the $450. He kept telling me stories of when the TO would be shipped but he never did. He has done this to other people as well.
That said for a kit he would probably ship that. But only use paypal don't give your cc number. I know the designer of the TO and Beaver he is a local Canadian. I could try and contact him about getting a kit if your interested.

Bob
Old 10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
aslan

What a piece of sh%t that guy is.
p.s. So angry I sent them an email saying it was disgraceful the way they are treating people.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Doc Austin

Threads like this one make me really appreciate guys like Ben at 3D Hobby Shop. The stuff goes out when he says it goes out and it gets here when he says it will. His technical advice is also right on the money. You can be honest and successful, but it's not easy, and it's a lot of work. Rob at ADChobbystore.com is really, really good too. Outside of that and the bigger retailers, I'm leery of almost everyone......just because there are one or two bad guys out there.

Whenever I deal with someone new, I start off small. I figure you give them an opportunity to only rip you off a little, but if they treat you well then you can move on to larger deals. I figure if somebody rips you off for $25 you learned a cheap lesson, and you also bought that person's integrity for a song.

I feel sorry for the guy that got hosed for $1000 bucks. Obviously he's a trusting soul, probably because he's honest and thinks everyone else is, and this kind of guy makes a really unfortunate target.

I like to think I'm honest, and that's the way people should be, so I never see it coming when I get scammed. However, I'm an old guy and been on the receiving end of a lot of bad deals, so I hardly trust anyone anymore (which is really sad because there are a lot of good, honest folks in the RC industry). There are just a few.

I haven't had any dealings with mark turner models, but as long as this thread has gone on, I do find it a little telling that it appears no effort has been made to correct things. Lots of promises, sure, but has anything actually been done?

Personally, I can't understand stealing even a dime from someone, but from just a good business standpoint if it was my company that was targeted on a thread like this, I'de do whatever it took to appease the guy so the thread would sink off the page. As it is, I seriously doubt anyonhe who has read this thread will be ordering much from mark turner models in the near future.

Now, I don't know many of the facts from this case, and I'm not making any claims of guilt on any party, but it sure doesn't seem like good business sense to let this thread go on and on and on when a simple refund, or honororing the original purchase, could have stopped this bad publicity right in it's tracks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.