Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 PM
bobferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

Sorry to see his site up again.

I may have found my Twin Otter. Vmar makes a Canadian Search & Rescue ARF. So I have ordered one, should be available in May sometime. Hopefully it works out better for me than rtmodels did.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 AM
wingspann

ORIGINAL: Birddog-RCU

Another story from the Marion County Sheriff's Office. I feel good that we at least saved some of you from loss.

http://www.marionso.com/mediarelease.php?id=08009

On 01-07-08, detectives arrested a man they were investigating in a fraud case involving a local hospital. The suspect reportedly used several false identities, including a former employer, when he was admitted for hospital care on two different occasions.

On 08-07-07, the suspect was transported to West Marion Community Hospital and gave his former employer’s name and social security number as his alias because he did not want to pay the $35,000 hospital bill. The suspect was transported to the same hospital again on 09-02-07 and gave the same alias to avoid another hospital bill estimated at $14,000.

When the victim, who lives in Jackson County, received the bills from West Marion Community Hospital, he contacted the Jackson County Sheriff's Office to report the fraudulent claim. The victim disputed the listed treatment and charges and told detectives he thought a former employee might have stolen his identity.

After reviewing the hospitals records, the suspect had given false names and social security numbers, but had listed his accurate address and phone number. When the suspect was brought in for questioning, he admitted to using false identities on three or more occasions to avoid payment for his hospital visits.

Arrested: Scott Bolomey, 03-10-61, W/M
1720 NW 38th Ave. Apt. Lot. 37A
Ocala, Fl 34482

Aliases: Ronnie Brown
Michael Kurd
Mark Turner

Charges: Organized Fraud and Identity Theft

ED DEAN, SHERIFF

James M. Pogue, Captain
Information Services Division

Phone: 352-368-3594
Cell: 352-266-7048
Fax: 352-369-6744 Crime Stoppers Tip$ Hotline:
368-STOP (7867)
E-mail: [email protected]
Birddog:

If you contact the Marion County District Attorney you might be able to file for restitution. Might have to file a criminal case with your local police agency against Mark Turner for Theft by Deception (or whatever your local penal code calls it) and get him prosecuted in your jurisdiction for fraud. One way or the other, you can get some satisfaction and maybe some of your money/property returned.

John

Old 04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

http://jail.marionso.com/details.asp...gno=0800005346

This story may or may not be coming to an end depending on how you look at it. I'm not sure why the RT Models website is still up but after non payment I'm sure it will fall to the wayside.

The link above is a record of an inmate in the Marion County Jail named Scott Bolomey, aka Mark Turner, aka Ronnie Brown. He was arrested for several things if you read the arrest records; ID theft and conducting business under a false name or something to that effect. Deception is what I would call it. This fine man is now doing 3 years jail time and 10 years probation. Ummmm... I would not do business on that website if I were you. DUH!

None of us have gotten our stuff back and now we have to fight to do that before the trailer park folks raid the property. We may need some local help if we can get in there to hold some stuff if anything is left to secure. So... it comes to an end yet it is not ended because we didn't get our airplanes and parts back not to mention time and money.

Be careful who you deal with. This guy took me twice... once as Mark Turner and once as Ronnie Brown. I am out about $8,000 and years of time and effort. I'm now getting back into the hobby after being soured because of this. As a few wise people have pointed out, if I let him ruin the hobby for me he has indeed won. This guy (I like to call him Brown Mark) has left his stain (ha ha ha) but has not won. I still love to fly and am getting back this season.

Thanks to Neil and Cliff for their support. Through hard times we meet great people who we can consider loyal friends. You guys have been great. There are others as well and thank you for your support.

Let's go fly!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
bobferguson

Three years seems light considering all the grief this man has caused.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

BirdDog,
Well at least he's getting some of his due. Hopefully "Bubba" and the boys have their way with him. They tend to like "pretty" boys in places like Rafer.

If any of the communications with what ever his name is was by mail, you may also have some leverage via the Federal Govt. It falls under the Postal Inspectors jurisdiction, under mail fraud. Might be worth a call to them. [>:]
Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Bif

Go on the web sight and Baptist .net is host. I have talked to a woman there and she is rather defensive about Scott as she readily called him. She wont forward me to owner and i think she is . i ALWAYS THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS AMISS WHEN THE SIGHT WAS NEVER TAKEN DOWN REGARDLESS OF ARREST NEW''S. For now the manager of the trailer park said his motorhome is in storage and claimed no knowledge of goods till I said the Sherrif can take his notes and then he sent me to a neighbor who got defensive so I think there is more to go. Try talking to anyone at Baptist net about supporting a thief and watch wahat happens.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:38 AM
Parrot Girl

Well I ordered a dash 8 kit and paid for it on the 4th of April. It's a shame I didn't do a search here first Looks like I have done my cash.
I tried to open a dispute with paypal but no luck.

If anyone gets any information about getting their money back, please let me know!

How on earth can this guy still be operating a website after so many other people have been duped! Jeeez, I guess I've learn't my lesson for ordering overseas
Old 06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
peterpont
My Feedback: (3)

No flameing but definetly blameing -Looks like Feebay and Paypoop have had their way with you.( and so many [>:]others who have tried to get them ot act in the interest of the buyer)
It is to bad that we as cusumers continue to support them by adding to their coffers!
Peter Klabo
Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Birddog-RCU

We need to keep this thread up front so people can see it and not send money to RT Models. The owner Scott Bolomey is in jail and it would be a crying shame to see people have problems because they didn't know the facts.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Mark Winstanley

Have a look at this posting on Calm Days in Canada - someone has had the same experience but has managed to reclaim lost funds through VISA/PAYPAL.

http://www.calmdays.com/showthread.php?t=1217

Mark.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Birddog-RCU

It is beyond me why the RT Models website is still up.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:30 PM
wakeflying

I actually met Mark Turner (or whatever his name is) I bought a cl-415 and a Martin Mars. It had been over 3 years and I still never recieved them. Excuse after excuse first there was the fire he said his trailor burned down. Then it was medical visit after medical visit. Then his budy was delivering a trailor up north and he was going to drop off my model. then his trailor broke.
And then he was actually building it and posting pictures on his web sight (I wonder how many people thought that was there model being built) Then I had a trip down to Ocalla to dropped off some passengers. So, I called Mark and told him I was only 5 minutes from his house.I live in Detroit area. Soo, I told him I would just pick up my model done or not. But, can you believe it, he said he sent it out two days ago. But, he said sure come over and see the shop (dirty old trailor) so, my FO and I went over there and wow! I did not want to visit long. But I was surprised his health was not good and his hands , I guess bad arthritis, but what ever I dont know how he built rc airplanes.
I did call the police thanks to whom ever started this thread and they were very surprised that I actually met him. He was very nice and pleasant just how he had always been on the phone.
I am out about 500 bucks and I like the other guy just wanted to burn all my RC stuff because I trusted this A@$ H@$#. And my wife of course new it was a scam the whole time(I TOLD YOU SO). Its been a year and I am starting to get the bug again and I will be recycling bateries for the spring.

By the way I have been burned on another outfit in Florida with rc boats. So, I no longer do business with these small mom and pop garage rc stores. I personally just cant trust them. Take care guys.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 AM
banditflyer

I was wondering what happened to RT Models. I had bookmarked the website quite a while ago with the intentions of ordering one of the Dash 8 kits. Glad I procrastinated this long to get around to it!! But now I am in a dilema. Does anyone know where I can get either a short kit or failing that a set of plans for a Dash 8, about the same size as these were? Any help would be greatly appreciated as searching the web has come up with a big nothing so far.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Birddog-RCU

I wish I could remember the name of the gentleman RT was getting the Dash 8 from. I'll try to look for it but can't promise anything.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Birddog-RCU

When does this thief get out of jail? We need to keep an eye out for a repeat because believe me... he will do it again.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:06 AM
t-rex_kid
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone know where else we can sourse a dash 8 kit from? It seems like this mark turner what ever his name, was the only one that supposably had any decent plans...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:12 AM
fmw

I have some amateur legal advice for you. You may be able to file a small claims suit in his local district court by letter and/or phone. If so, then the suit would be significantly less expensive than hiring a lawyer. You would need to travel to his location for the hearing but it sounds like you're willing to do that anyway. I've done this twice with customers who ripped me for around $2000 each. The first one settled with me prior to the hearing. The second one was a basket case. I won the suit. He didn't pay, but the judge did turn him over to the DA for credit card fraud and he did spend9 monthsin jail on the criminal charge.

Small claims courts are pretty busy and many will not allow you to file the complaint from afar. You might even have to travel to the venue to file the suit. Give his local small claims court a call to see what you can do. Another alternative is to hire a private detective to instill some fear into him. Most of them will do some intimidation work and it is far less expensive than hiringa lawyer.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Birddog-RCU

He's in jail right now but should be released this fall if my memory serves me correctly. I'm betting he'll get back into the business.

Happy flying all!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 AM
minhduybk09
Banned

I have filed with the BBB . Alan good luck ,
Old 07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be putting an RT Models Dash 8 kit (not ARC, not ARF) up for sale soon if anybody is interested.

Send me a PM as I am apparently not supposed to advertise in the forums.

Don
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Kaltag
My Feedback: (2)

http://sdbmodels.com/Model_Business_For_Sale.html

Please be aware of this website, This is very similar and same pics/videos. Not sure if this is the same guy. However, the last guy lived in Ocala too.. hmmmm very interesting address.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Birddog-RCU

It is in fact the same person.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Kaltag
My Feedback: (2)

His facebook page has a toll free number if anyone wants to contact him??????
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Birddog-RCU

I let it go a long time ago. There is no value in getting all spun up again. I started flying full scale two years ago and haven't looked back.