Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Shaft bent easily

Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 AM
pamiratagunduz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaft bent easily

Hi

I recently bought a 28x30 mm size brushless outrunner motor with 3.17 mm shaft diameter. After the first two flights (with a slight hursh landing) I noticed that the shaft is bent easily. Since I am not very familiar with outrunner motors I wish to ask whether this is a common problem with brushless motors. It really is a small shaft ( I used the not rotating side to mount the motor and used a prop adapter not the prop saver included). Does the propsaver save the prop really or the shaft from bending?

Thank you

Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Hatty

Default RE: Shaft bent easily

Yes, prop savers work. I've used it many times and it probably saved me from having to buy a new motor. The problem with them is that they can be kind of tricky to work with. If the o-ring that holds the prop on breaks, then you will probably lose your prop (I've done this and watched the prop just keep on spinning and flying away). I also found it difficult to find a way to mount the prop onto the prop saver. I have an AXI motor with an "E" series prop from APC. Those two just don't like working with each other.

But, overall, I think they are great for someone, like me, who tends to land in awkward ways.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
KingCobra2

Default RE: Shaft bent easily

I would be happy just to be able to land, hahahaha
ORIGINAL: Hatty

Yes, prop savers work. I've used it many times and it probably saved me from having to buy a new motor. The problem with them is that they can be kind of tricky to work with. If the o-ring that holds the prop on breaks, then you will probably lose your prop (I've done this and watched the prop just keep on spinning and flying away). I also found it difficult to find a way to mount the prop onto the prop saver. I have an AXI motor with an "E" series prop from APC. Those two just don't like working with each other.

But, overall, I think they are great for someone, like me, who tends to land in awkward ways.