Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Favorite magazine for electrics only

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Favorite magazine for electrics only

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Flylow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite magazine for electrics only

After a few years of glow & gas planes I have managed to subscribe to several magazines at once. Now electric (sport & 3D) is interesting me. What electric speciality magazine(s) do most of you like the best and why?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Favorite magazine for electrics only

I enjoy Back yard Flyer. Geared a bit toward the beginner. Follows the same format that these publishers have for thier other RC publications.. Articles tend to be rah rah by pumping up the positives of a product..

I also enjoy Qiet Flyer. A bit more sophisticated and more likely to give you the bad information that Back Yard Flyer tends to ignore
Old 11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
jmohn

Quiet Flyer mag is my favorite for electric flight.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Flylow

I prefer the magazines that give good info that the average person (me) can use. Some of them are more like a subscription to a catalog, and that's not what I want. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Then Quiet Flyer is your best choice. Model airplane news is another but that does not focus exclusivly on electrics
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
SackOHammers

I went to their website:
http://www.quietflyer.com/current_issue/current.html

To get a preview of their current version. It looks like the first article is on page 26. All pages before it contain advertisements or articles describing products.... which are usually endorsed by the company of the product being described. However, there are some articles in there I wouldn't mind reading.

Thanks for this thread, I just might subscribe.

It also looks like you cannot get Quiet Flyer anymore... only Sport Flyer, which is a combined magazine now. The first issue you'll get is the January issue if you order now. If you want the current issue (December, or a back issue - November) you'll have to order those separately at $6.50 a pop.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Spitfiremk1x

You might have a look at FLY RC mag. I have just renewed my sub. to it. IMHO, it is geared more to electrics than the others I see on the newsstands. An added plus- it has pull out plans for those who love to build something different. Have fun whichever you choose! John