Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

anybody know whats going on?

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

anybody know whats going on?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
soarhead-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anybody know whats going on?

There is a difference in the voltage of the battery under load(motor and servos-RX) than just sitting there static not hooked to anything but your meter. You have to plan your system so all parts work together. As we have been saying as you draw more amps the voltage falls off across the battery. If the battery is not capable of producing the current the voltage drops way down and the ESC cuts the power to the motor. This is done so that when the battery runs down the motor is turned off but the RX and servos still have enough juice to keep the plane under control and make a dead stick landing. Hope this helps you out!!!

Good Luck
Bob
Old 03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
sharpshooter223

ORIGINAL: soarhead-RCU

There is a difference in the voltage of the battery under load(motor and servos-RX) than just sitting there static not hooked to anything but your meter. You have to plan your system so all parts work together. As we have been saying as you draw more amps the voltage falls off across the battery. If the battery is not capable of producing the current the voltage drops way down and the ESC cuts the power to the motor. This is done so that when the battery runs down the motor is turned off but the RX and servos still have enough juice to keep the plane under control and make a dead stick landing. Hope this helps you out!!!

Good Luck
Bob

yea, yea, i already know about the speed control cutting out, and all that. i understand that the battery for some reason isnt able to supply the power. but when it wont even produce enough power in the plane to operate the servos anymore, it still is almost at its peak voltage. is it possible for it to have full volts but have the amps just drained from it? none of it really helps much because it will happen to systems that i have had that have been matched by what the company says (i know, the outrage is not matched to what the company says) but i have a pico j3 stick with its original motor/gearbox/prop with an ics100 speed control and a 7.2 volt 150 mah battery (what gws recommends) that does the same. before that i had a flyzone park pilot arf that came with motor/propeller, battery, speed control, and charger that did the same thing. the only thing the same throughout all of the planes is the tx, between the pico j3 stick and the parkpilot the tx/reciever/servos, between the pico j3 stick and outrage the tx and battery charger.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
sharpshooter223

would running a 9.6 volt 750 mah nimh battery with this http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4713 in an ultrafly outrage be a good combo for easy/sport flying
Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to check if the throttle channel is crapping out, hook up the throttle to another channel and see what happens. But, be careful. As all other channels are set to center, you'll have a system, once armed, will be half on when you let go of the stick. (Most ESC's won't arm if the stick isn't centered, but some will.... Always point the sharp spinning thing in the front of the plane away from important appendages.)

Best down with another buddy (before beers)