Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Info about radio change

Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 AM
gmirone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info about radio change

Hi all,

I want to use my old 40 Mhz transmitter with a Parkzone P51D Mustang, factory-equipped with 27 Mhz Tx and a Rx-ESC package.

I heard that my old TX cannot operate in the 27 Mhz range by simply changing the quartz, so I need to change the originally fitted rx-esc pack with a new receiver and a new speed controller, and here i've a few questions:

1) I've read that the plane comes with a 480 geared motor: Is it correct to assume that 480 motors are of the brushed type?

2) Then what are the specification of an ESC suitable for such a motor? any suggestion for a specific esc model?

3) Does the motor-controller choice require a specific type pf receiver, or my schulze alpha 440 will be ok?

4) If i use also Li-Poly batteries, do i need to change any setting in the receiver / controller before flight or i can swap from Ni-Mh to Li-Poly without any change?

Best regards,

Giuseppe