Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Last electric flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last electric flight

I just lost a good friend who I was helping get into electric R/C which fascinated him,leading to the purcash of a G-4 Flight simulator, a Great planes PBY and a T Rex heli along with all the necessary support equiptment. I had looked forward to bring him out to my club to get lessons. He had a job in Enginering and was well respected by his peers. For years I observed that he drank a lot of beer try 8-10 cans every evening ,first he got gout and could barley move and finally he was takin by ambulance to a local hospital for the 'second time,' where it was derermined he had lost function of both kidneys and was put on dyalisis. Later the hospital moved him to a nursing facility where I visited him Sunday a week ago today,after first going to Church to pray for him;things were up beat and it seemed he would pull through. I was even willing to donate a kidney. Well this past Thursday I recieved a call that he had passed away at which time I went to see him for the last time kneeling and asking d to accept his s- I know a lot of you younger types drink and think its legal,acturally it is lethal-

Enough said
Old 06-22-2008, 06:19 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Last electric flight

Please receive my condolences on the loss of your good friend. Time hopefully will heal the hurt.

Take him flying when you go. Have him live on in your heart.

BobbyG
Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 AM
margaritaville

When reaching for the clouds; on the ground, on wings, or on wings of angels all pilots are set free.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:32 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

I lost my father 27 years ago. I've been in avaition 30+ years, and about 25 years ago took flying lessons. I never did get to the point where I solo'd, but I did get to the point that I felt closer to my father when we were up there. Always felt like he was watching, enjoying it more than I was. Your friend will be flying every time you do.

Paul
Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
davemac2

I am sorry for your loss and I'm sure you will miss his friendship, but how can you even think about donating a kidney to someone who throws their life away like this??

just curious.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 AM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Well, Mr. High and Mighty Davemac,
You are a very judgmental and insensitive pompass AS$. You need to find somebody to donate a HEART for you... it's obvious you need one
Mike
Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 PM
davemac2

ORIGINAL: mikekosatka

Well, Mr. High and Mighty Davemac,
You are a very judgmental and insensitive pompass AS$. You need to find somebody to donate a HEART for you... it's obvious you need one
Mike
Oh ya, I'm the TinMan. lol! Give me a break dude.