Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

PZ T-28 prop size

Old 09-06-2009, 08:58 AM
RockEnRoller6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ T-28 prop size

I've got a few APC 10X7, 9X7.5 and 9X6 props setting around, I was wondering which size would be a good match for the stock T-28 set-up? I've searched the forums but can't seem to find any answerers.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
RockEnRoller6

Default RE: PZ T-28 prop size

Anyone?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 AM
OEMFlyer

Any of the props you mentioned should work as they are fairly close to the stock prop (9.5 x 7.5). The only way to know for sure is to check your results with a watt meter. If you exceed the maximum output of your motor with a prop that is too large or too much pitch it will overheat and fail. If you use a prop that is too small or not enough pitch performance will be poor. Hope this helpsOemflyer
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 AM
RockEnRoller6

I've never checked motor wattage, in all honesty how do you go about doing so with the watt meter? I don't have one and I can't shell out the cash for a $60.00 meter, any recommendations for one thats not going to break the bank like everything else does in todays world?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Leo L

Although in general getting a wattmeter is a good idea, in your particular situation you should have no propblem using any of the props you mention. The 10x7 will give you the most torque of the three props mentioned. The 9x7.5 will give you less torque but a shade more speed (you might not be able to notice the difference). The 9x6 will give you less performance, but you should get longer flight times (if you are doing ground take-offs, the take-off will be noticeably longer).