RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/)
-   -   Best Electric RC Airplane Online Store (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/10716612-best-electric-rc-airplane-online-store.html)

Mateya49 09-14-2011 12:26 PM

Best Electric RC Airplane Online Store

Hello,

I was just about to place an order from bananahobbies.com, then i read a bunch of posts online (and on here) that that website is no good and neither are the products.

My basic question is what is the best place, with the largest selection, for electric airplanes that are quality?

I am interested in warbirds and jets along with some stunt type planes.

I just want to use the same online store, so i am looking for something with a large variety.

I will give them this, banana hobbies does have a great selection of different planes, but i just heard that they suck in general.

Please help so I can order some stuff!

Thanks in advance for the help,

Drew<br type="_moz" />

Gohmer 09-14-2011 12:30 PM

RE: Best Electric RC Airplane Online Store

http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...d=127B5CA2387A

Mateya49 09-14-2011 12:33 PM

Oh, and please correct me if you have a different opinion.

I am interested in the durable foam constructed planes that are electric.

Again, warbirds, jets, and stunt planes.

Please let me know all website with large selections and quality products.

Drew<br type="_moz" />

inedesca 09-14-2011 12:35 PM

Hobby King is my favourite, good stuff, very good prices.

Mateya49 09-14-2011 06:39 PM

So why does banana hobby have so many plane selections (especially warbirds and jets) and they suck so bad?

Has anybody had good luck with them? Are their products any good?

Thanks

Mateya49 09-14-2011 07:28 PM

Come on people!!!

Ihave only read negative things about companies.

Where are all of you buying your planes? Ireally want to purchase a few planes and need a good source to get them from. Something with quality products a big selection and finally warbirds and jets.

Thanks,

Drew

eagle33 09-15-2011 03:21 AM

Take a look at Nitroplanes.  I have three of their planes:  a Hawk Sky 4 channel 55" trainer, a 55" 4-channel Cessna 180, and a  4-channel warbird-a P-40 with terrific Flying Tiger markings.  I have been very pleased with the planes as all fly great.

goirish 09-15-2011 03:26 AM

Sounds like you really want to buy from Banana Hobby. Do so, then you will know for sure if that is the place you want to keep ordering from

jzrf6c 09-15-2011 06:19 AM

A L L A R F S that come from C H I N A usually are cheap crap ! You get what you pay for ! Check out the glue joints and you'll get the shock of your life.

Mateya49 09-15-2011 08:20 AM

I just simply am saying the selection from Banana Hobbies seems to have a good selection.  I have read enough to not want to buy from them.<div>
</div><div>I do want to spend more money and get quality airplanes.</div><div>
</div><div>I still have not got any good answers to online stores that provide a good quality selection.</div><div>
</div><div>Help me out!!</div><div>
Drew</div>

Glacier Girl 09-21-2011 08:41 AM

Drew it's pretty simple actually. You get what you pay for. Most of these places with the glitzy birds are nothing more then fronts. They buy container loads of birds from China, that look pretty, have cheap electronics, and often poor workmanship. They do not offer customer service if the bird you get is broken or doesn't work correctly, except in a few rare cases.
And often if they do, you foot the bill to send it back. And if you break something, good luck trying to get spare parts from them, even if you are willing to pay for em.

If you plan on buying from places like BH and such, figure on what you are buying is an airframe only. Know right off the bat you will be replacing all the electronics. And if it's damaged when it shows, you will be repairing it yourself. DO NOT expect any help from where you bought it.

All that said, if you deal with places like Horizon/Tower/Hobby Lobby, you will get a decent airframe, electronics, and for the most part, WORLD CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE, if something is not right.

Not telling you not to buy from BH, but just know what to expect when you do.

I deal with places like Nitroplanes, BH, Raidentech, a lot, and I only buy from them knowing I'm buying an airframe and it's iffy that what I order will come as expected.
Ditto HobbyKing, to some extent. They aren't bad, but you have to know what you are buying before you order from them.

OK a place you might like. PW-RC, in Hong Kong. Have many of the same birds BH has, especially the AirField and FMS lines. BUT, Phillip there takes care of his customers, answers his emails, and often provides fixes for faulty manufacturing. And he carries the spare parts to what he sells.

http://www.pw-rc.com/

BT00561 09-21-2011 01:06 PM

I have never flown any planes from Bananahobby but i know a few good friend that had thier planes. The planes looked like they were in pretty decent shape. But the customer service is horrible. They are only out there to sell planes not take your questions or anything. Me personally I dont care what kind of airplane they make if they dont have a good customer service and are not willing to help the customers then I wont buy from them.

I have bought alot of stuff from Tower and Horizon and they have been nothing but awsome to me, and I know they have quality products, and if you were by chance to get something bad from them they will take care of it. </p>

RightFly 09-22-2011 05:23 PM

Glacier Girl is exactly right in his post. I would only add HobbyZone, HeadsUpRc and ValueHobby. I have great results on these guys. The overseas stores have great prices but check the shipping before submitting your order.

Good Luck

RT

paul cov 09-28-2011 10:39 AM

Try giantcod.com, uk retailer, reasonably priced goods but unfortunetly over the pond.