RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/)
-   -   Anyone recommend a Projeti? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/228137-anyone-recommend-projeti.html)

Mel-inactive 08-12-2002 12:30 PM

Anyone recommend a Projeti?

:cool: [COLOR=indigo]jhghghg[/COLOR
Hi,
Anyone flying the Projeti with standard motor etc... ?
Do they fly well ?

Troy-RCU 08-12-2002 10:52 PM

Yes, the Projeti is a nice flying little delta wing. The speed is much better than most foam type wings and it is very stable even though it has a small wingspan. It also slows down nice for just cruising around the sky at half throttle. My friend had one of the first Projeti's out at the field and he let me fly it. I had so much fun I didn't want to give the transmitter back to him. The nice thing is that it flies well on just a S400 motor and even better with a cheap brushless system.

Mel-inactive 08-12-2002 11:39 PM

Originally posted by Troy
Yes, the Projeti is a nice flying little delta wing. The speed is much better than most foam type wings and it is very stable even though it has a small wingspan. It also slows down nice for just cruising around the sky at half throttle. My friend had one of the first Projeti's out at the field and he let me fly it. I had so much fun I didn't want to give the transmitter back to him. The nice thing is that it flies well on just a S400 motor and even better with a cheap brushless system.

Hi Troy,
Thanks for the reply, I'm just new to the electric scene and have just been very dissapointed with a Great Planes Firebat ! 2 flights 2 crashes they just don't seem to want to fly !! it's now in about 100 small foam pieces after I gave it to my 4 year old daughter to play with. My first choice was going to be a projeti too, should have gone with that 1st !!

It seems I'm not alone in my experinece with the Firebat, not wanting to give up as I've just started I want to get a Projeti next.

I'd like to recycle the Firebats 400 motor and ESC 10 amp, they should work in the Projeti right ? I have an 8 cell 11Mah batt and two 8 cell 700Mah they should also be OK ?

Can you tell me what your'e using.
Are you getting over 5 minute flight times ?
Thanks.
Mel.

Capt G 08-15-2002 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got about 10 flights on my Projeti now (my 1st electric) and I love it. Dittos on the nice speed, good slow speed , and smooth handling. Loops and rolls nice on Zagi $8 400 and 8cell 500/600s.

SpinningSwede 08-16-2002 07:41 PM

How is it compared to Mpx TwinJet?

Mats

roni82000 09-18-2002 10:50 PM

i have one and they are right its a great little airplane that flys well and fast with the stock motor

GaryB-RCU 11-01-2002 03:22 PM

...i think to get the Twin-Jet as fast as the Projeti w/3 turn Mega requires 2 brushless and two controllers - very pricey!...

latch66 11-01-2002 05:21 PM

My Projeti will be in the air soon.

Aveox 27/13/3
Phonex 25 ESC

It should scream! :D

P.S. From what I have read do set up your elevons correctly for takeoff. The Projeti has a habit of being hard to launch if you don't. The instructions tell you how.

GaryB-RCU 11-01-2002 06:10 PM

...they claim over 100 MPH in a dive with that motor on Ezone...

latch66 11-01-2002 07:27 PM

Oh Yeah!!!! :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

John M. Bigelow 04-15-2003 05:48 PM

Stacking BB's is easyer than speed. CU

GaryB-RCU 04-15-2003 05:52 PM

Projeti Video

...here is a video of my Projeti w/Mega 3 turn...

http://rcfunflyers.com/electrics.htm

george6964 07-28-2003 08:45 PM

can any one tell me what the diffrences between the blue star the red reno and the yellow projeti's is.

attackpilot 07-29-2003 03:39 AM

Guys - where's the cheapest price for the reno (red) projeti? Or, anyone have one for sale? I'm dying to put my brushless on it.

Greg Covey 07-29-2003 12:40 PM

If I am correct, RCU member GaryB was one of the first to use the Mega 16/15/3 motor on a ProJeti. Is that you Gary?

Check out the bottom of my Wings page for my 100mph ProJeti set up using the Mega 16/15/3 motor. This plane was flown at last years NEAT Fair and turned many heads. :)

Billy Hell 07-29-2003 02:20 PM

There is no difference between the three. The graphics are all that is different. We have three motors to choose from now as well. The standard 400, the long can 400 and brushless. I'd really like to get a radar gun on the brushless Projeti.

GaryB-RCU 07-29-2003 03:57 PM

...yep, first part of April, 2002 - thanks to RealDeal - i'd read about the Megas on Ezone - RealDeal was flying his Projeti with an Aveox 3 turn - i asked for Mega recommendations (read good things about them on Ezone) - he said the 3 turn should be it - called Kirk @ New Creations - he said he'd been thinking about becoming a Mega dealer and decided to go ahead...

...Projeti w/Mega 3 turn - highly recommended combo! - i need to order #3 - the first one was a bad hand launch - be sure and balance EXACTLY! on the included balance points (inverted) - #2 was even more stupid - the BEC kicked in at a bad time (i would have had to walk a ways to retrieve it) - there was zero wind and i put it into too steep of a bank to circle around and stalled it in - it was easily fixed & you could hardly tell it'd been repaired -but on the 3rd flight after the crash the wing folded at both sides of the fuse - must have been a few cracks there that i didn't notice...

Greg Covey 07-29-2003 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Gary,

I updated my Wings page to add my re-build with the new 1950FAUP NiMH cells. These cells easily outperform the CP1300 NiCd cells that we were using.

Peter Khor 07-29-2003 07:27 PM

Billy, how many cells and what prop combo does HL recomend for the 400 Long Can?

Greg Covey 07-29-2003 07:32 PM

Peter,

Use 10-cells that can handle a 15amp current delivery and the Graupner 5.5x4.5 CAM Speed prop.

For my review, I used a 10-cell, 500AR NiCd pack.

Regards.

Greg Covey 08-05-2003 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My original ProJeti in action...

flyinazn10 11-07-2003 10:36 PM

RE: Anyone recommend a <span class=

so how fast does it fly stock?

flyinazn10 11-08-2003 08:34 PM

RE: Anyone recommend a <span class=

how are the slow speed charactoristics?