Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

Per photo: the automatic Browning .5 mm machine guns with magazines were placed at mid-wing to avoid a necessary propellor-fire-interrupt system. Upon firing the weapons, even at full throttle, the plane actually STOPS in mid-air with the recoil. A more powerful motor is being looked into by the Team. Perhaps the P-51's Packard-Merlin motor.
What photo?
Did I miss something? I don't see a photo with the .5s installed on any wings??
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Saburo Sakai

Apologies, Dr. Wheelnut. You are correct. The Ember 2 photos in the post on p.1 of this thread were taken prior to the crafts' being shipped to Dr. Browning's machine shop and said weaponry installation by the Elves. A post-installation photo will be added after the Elves in the Team's photolab come back from picketing on their union strike and stop holding production here hostage. It's un-American!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Saburo Sakai

Note: with ParkZone's included RTF transmitter my range of control appears to be limited to a scant, 100' feet or so, and no more. So I certainly don't want to open up with the Brownings near that range or it could get really ugly[X(].
 Anyone else with the funky RTF tranny notice such short range? My DX6i carries out full control way beyond that with the same micro receivers to the point it has not been an issue.
http://rcfightersforfreedom.blogspot.com/

Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Guns? So old school. You need missile launchers like this one has.
And yes these do work. [X(]

Staggered fire or a salvo of 12.

What? It is a FAC and they have to have marker rockets.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71950.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1533925  
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Your included tx batteries are weak. Very common problem with them. Soon as the volts go down slightly the range drops off and in some cases you will even get brown outs and loose control.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Saburo Sakai

Have been away on a mission. Thank you, Glacier Girl, for the heads-up on even slightly weak batteries causing drop outs on that ParkZone/Hobbyzone tranny. Wish I'd known that before the last missionNorth Koreans do not have a very keen sense of humor and dammit if the bloody machine guns didn'tseize just when I needed them most .
God save America!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Saburo Sakai

With this price I wonder if PZ's thinking about pulling the Ember 2? Tempting price. I might upgrade from Micro Machine Guns (tm) to Micro Hispano 20mm Cannon with armor piercing incendiary rounds on this next one: Should wreak havoc on Mad Web's hangars Yup. Time for another raid as I thinkhe's recovered!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3480

My first one keeps flying. Very durable craft. How long can one little brushed motor last? One more strafing run!