Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

This is a lovely, forgiving bird and perfect for when the wind finally lays down. Interesting they've the rudder control on the aileron/elevator stick and the throttle just for throttle which actually makes sense I guess. Are all rudder/elevator models like this or is it just with the PZ transmitter? Anyway, perfect bird for distracting theweekend golf carters here off my front yard, in my street. Bloody carts without lights at night are a disaster waiting to happen but my neighbors love them for jaunting around; until they rust which they do quickly with the Gulf a block away.Thank God!
Balancing: This bird wants to fly and I don't think I could unbalance it very easily, after shoving the battery tray forward and aft I'm happy either way. It's me that's unbalanced, anyway. Good trainer without ailerons, and no conflicting interference with rudder/throttle by their being on seperate sticks, which I've noticed when I fly my 4ch. Mustang on the PZ factorytranny-I touch the throttle and therudder moves a tad, and vice versa. Distracting on a fast bird. Could probably de-tune that sensitivity out with Expo on my new, house transmitter. I guess there's the reasoning for getting the BNF and using your own tranny, right there. What say You?

The "micro machine guns" is a request to our engineer-minded folk.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Saburo Sakai

Default RE: ParkZone Ember 2 w/ micro machine guns

What the Austrians have done with plastics in firearms has lead me to believe that utilizing the common cocktail straw as a barrel might be a starting approach, because if you can't send the projectile with any accuracy than what's the bloody point, right? Or, better yet, the little hollow spray tubes that come with cans of WD-40 and LPS would provide excellent stability for the projectiles, which could be, say, hard plastic with a metal core for mass. Now if we go with an actual cartridge it would have to be light, too, and withstand the heat and explosion of the charge. No problem-ceramic is an option! Now there's a small spring-powered Firing pin and rapid spring-feeding of rounds, a magazine, and we're done!
It's that, or using compressed air.....  
If weight goes up appreciably, no problem: there's the Micro P-51 and Su-26 motor to overcome it! This could be good!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Saburo Sakai

Grounded by high winds, so on to weaponry development:
Those of you with a machine shop or, especially, one for plastics engineering purposes, I have a mission for you if you haven't already started on it yourselves:  
So on the machine gun barrel I believe a heat resistant, fairly non-maleable plastic with a projectile diameter of tiny proportions, considerably less than that of the small, .177 inch/cal. common pellet round. I'd say start with a 1 mm. diameter projectile, .0397 cal.,  but I'm open to balistics critics.
Now for accuracy, rifling twist in the barrel would be beneficial to the point of necessity. On a short, say 3-4" barrel, maybe one (1) full revolution of twist per two inches? This is loosely based upon rifle balistics somewhat but with such a small projectile that will lose momentum more rapidly the twist could be perhaps stepped up?
For the projectile a slightly softer plastic jacket than the plastic of the barrel is all that's needed, so that it would shape to the rifling without excess, velocity reducing friction. A tungston or lead core would provide good mass for carrying range.
 Now, for a Micro-explosive charge to place in the projectile, for effect[8D]!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Saburo,

I have to ask, what is your fascination with, war, battle and weaponry?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Saburo Sakai

Deep question, Wheelnut. I'd say talk to a shrink for details but basically I was a pilot in training who got badly injured and had to quit flying before hecould take it to the enemy and really jam him up good, and do it all for God, Country, and Freedom for allmen, my good man. Yup, I'd say that's the basic psychological rundown.

Godspeed!
Sakai
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Wheelnut

Great respect!!

What meaning does your sceen name have?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Saburo Sakai

Wait! You're not off the hook! Do you have any ideas/recommendations for the Micro Machine Guns? We need you on the team! Sorry I've had to sack the health/dental plan we used to offer, but we do value our employees, especially engineers with ideas and machine shop know-how! I'd really like to entice a ParkZone micro engineer over to the mission, here.Someone familiar with those tiny servos and working hands-on with the tools. He/she could probably fix up a micro machine gun for testing in short order. Know anyone? We can DO this!

Idea added: you know how the gattling cannon utilize an electric motor to feed belted cartridges to the barrels? We could use one of the little PZmicro-servo motors to power my little 1mm. rounds on a belt to the barrels at high speed!
Things are gelling nicely!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Wheelnut

I don't know anyone who could help, but I can say that weight is a big issue.
The only known toy working machine guns that I know of are the ones in mini RC tanks. But I'm sure they would have to be mounted on a plane with a wingspan of at least 25"

If your looking for someone to help design them, I'm not your man, sorry[]
Old 10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Saburo Sakai

Dr. Wheelnut, you have already helped a lot in saving Research and Development equipment costs: your telling about flying with wind being potentially dangerous in that Parkflyer thread was a needed heads-up for this green horn R/C flyer. I would have lost my new Ember 2 already if I hadn't heeded your warning! We on the team here are grateful for your wisdom and patriotic aid!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Aircraftfreak15

umm id say use some sort of an on bord comperssed air to shoot the gun.

wheel nut the air soft tank would be an awsome canidate for this. BUt your right it would have to be a 25 inch wingspan or bigger to cary the load. One advantage would be that it already has an remote fireing operation for the gun just have to figure out how to get it to work in an rc plane. It also is already fuly atomatic to.

Thanks for your service Saburo. Wish you luck on this project.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Wheelnut

There is a micro air compressor in some LaCimbali espresso machines for the auto frother function it has, but it is still like 20 to 30 grams, maybe more. I would have to investigate.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Saburo Sakai

Aircraft freak and all, I was disabled BEFORE I was ready to enlist, andthen it was just too late. I finished ground school with instrument training in High School and THENstarted flying, God it was awesome! Then WHAMMO, acar got me on the bloody ground!I lost an eye .Permanently grounded and unfit to even peel potatosor fly beloved RPV's (you young bucks out there think about doing THAT for your countryvery cool). Happens every day to good people.I've said too much.......So I found R/C. No misrepresentations here. There's enough of that out there and the fraudsdishonor those great people that really keep us free. They must be crushed!
God bless you!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Saburo Sakai

This is where the MICRO machine shop comes in: take the working machine gun and SHRINK it all down by a factor of TEN or more, and it'll fly on the Ember no problem! This micro manufacturing is where PZ / HZcould really help! Just look at how they make those tiny micro servos, which are a perfect indicator ofwhat can be done!

UNLEASH THE PARKZONE NANO-BOTS !!!

WE can BUILD IT and CONQUER the skies!!!! We can crush the enemy with nano stuff!!! Whoever he is!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Aircraftfreak15

i think the best bet is to start with the air soft tank and get that on the planes for now just remember any thing we do put on the planes we will have like 5-8 seconds of ammo depending on the rate of fire. Hmmmmm scale down guns we have now i think a saw i vid of this on youtube but it was only shooting blanks.
well tryed to find the vid but found this insted. its a browning that shoots 22mm rounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRYcURXK5M
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Saburo Sakai

Sweet! Thank you, Aircraft freak!
Browning is awesome! They made all the machine guns for our fighters in WWII and their history goes way back to John Browning, a great Americangenius of engineering and vision. John Browning desinged the.45 Automatic Model1911, considered still one of the very best-if not THE best-automatic pistol in the world!The world knows and respects it as the"Colt .45 auto", but she's Browning's baby.

NEXT YEAR IS THE 100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF John Browning's 1911 MODEL .45!!!
In celebration, maybe they should come out with our Micro-Machine Gun to "Ring in the new century of service to AMERICA."?? Yes!

Today, they make the most BEAU-TI-FUL wing shooting shot guns in the whole world. Browning is a company I bet could really take hold of our Micro Machine Gun and make it reality!!!
So, they could take the 22mm cannon and shrink it down22 times! They could is what's fascinating, too.
And you know what? I BET THEY ALREADY HAVE DONE IT!!!! SECRET!!!!:

R/C birds are great! I was a little bummed after telling about not being able to flyin service soI went FLY-fishing with a fly I tied myself and caught two fat redfish and then, came home and flew my PZ Ember 2 and knew that, one day soon, she'd beready to take on the new Browning Micro Machine guns for America!And I felt and feel 100% better and ready to fly more! I pick up myT-28 Micro Trojan this weekend. She could carry a cannon for sure!
May God continue to bless our American Skies!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Saburo Sakai

Warning! Warning! This is my first picture upload via the prompt at the bottom of this here window. Test.
Allright! She worked! That's redfish on fly atmy honey hole Thursday last. Photos of planes and crashed planes and machine guns on planes and much carnage to come...This changes everything!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43558.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1514659  
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Saburo Sakai

After flying the micro P-51 successfully (no crack ups with irreparable damage) in circuits clockwise, counterclockwise, and sustaining unintended "3-D" action (it was entirely accidental; I put her into a stall like a dolt and rather than dipping her nose to recover I just gave her a little throttle and she slowly moved parallel to the ground, hanging there like a freak with her nose up like some elitist snob) I've decided to mount the Micro Machine Guns (tm) on the noble 'Fitty One for further experimentation. This bird is so fast she can strike with impunity and leave carnage and zip-she's gone.
But the Ember 2 is a great weapons platform, too and will be continued!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Saburo Sakai

The flea-infested Mexican vampire bat had his sonar locked on to my neighbor's Britney Spaniel and began his dive from a great height.
The flying plague-carrying rodentdidn't see theParkZone Ember 2 that was on patrol in the neighborhood, presently watching over our beloved pets.
Until it was too late.....
I dorpped the Ember into a perfect intercept dive with full throttle, made sure I wasn't in a skid and was flying straight, and then hit the "gear" button on the DX61 and, "DAT-A-Dat-A- Tat!!" the little micro Brownings opened up. Every fifth round a phosphorescent tracer round, the guns were dead-on and the rounds impacted the hairy winged beast before it could get within ten feet of the noble bird dog, and I saw its body jar and shake with impact of the rounds, catch fire because of the phosphorous,and fall into a burning heap on my neighbor's driveway.
"Hey, thanks, Sakai!" my neighbor said. "That bat could have given my dog rabies or the Plague."
"My pleasure, sir," I said, and sprayed the flaming furry bat ball with a fire extinguisher.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Aircraftfreak15

iam glad you found us you should write books these littil battels that take place are some time humourse.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Saburo Sakai

For your service and support ofthe Free Skies of America, Aircraft freak 15, you have earned a signed copyof the TRUE fictitious adventures of my RPVTeam in action when it's fresh off the presses. Stay tuned, America....and watch your six'cause the enemy's a coward.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Saburo Sakai

Explanation for PZ everything:
Notice how in the PZ manuals under "warnings" it says, "Don't put any part of the model into your mouth or you may freak or even  DIE...." ? Look, I'm for real on this. I always wondered what the heck is up with that?
Well, mystery solved:
it's CRACK.
Yup. Knew it, man. So hooked. PZ is the new CRACK.  Lookin' to score some cheap, PZ micro servo fix today. Maybe up some Li Po to 2S for rush factor.[&:]
Old 10-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Saburo Sakai

Note: the attached photo from the Operations Center was taken prior to weapons installation at Dr Browning's little shop of horrors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16761.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1523736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51629.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1523737  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Saburo Sakai

Per photo: the automatic Browning .5 mm machine guns with magazines were placed at mid-wing to avoid a necessary propellor-fire-interrupt system. Upon firing the weapons, even at full throttle, the plane actually STOPS in mid-air with the recoil. A more powerful motor is being looked into by the Team. Perhaps the P-51's Packard-Merlin motor.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Saburo Sakai

edit
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Saburo Sakai

Next week I'm gonna sik a pair of armed-to-the-teeth P-51son fabled beasts from Greek Mythology in celebration of the tragic downfall of Barney Frank, Mass......
First we're gonna hit Medussa[&:] and then me and the boys are gonna go slap up the Kracken[X(]and make him cry like a girl.
That'll be on me little blog maybe, oye!

http://rcfightersforfreedom.blogspot.com/

Gonna open up on 'em with the "FITTIES: "DA-DA-DA-TA-TA-TA-TA!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.