Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone- why Spektrum only?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Rv7garage
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ParkZone- why Spektrum only?

So is ParkZone owned by or associated with JR/Spektrum, or controlled by Horizon? I ask because I really want one (or more[&:]) of their new micro airplanes, but the fact that there is no FASST compatibility is a real turn-off. I want to use my 10C! Can anyone here explain why there is no compatibility with Futaba?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone- why Spektrum only?

AAAAAAAAAAh: Ford Chevy? With respects to manufacturers, follow the money. Was a fatuba guy for years until their New York head programmer could not get my new 9 to work correctly on a 2 aileron, flaps, dual elevtor & crow setup. Spent weeks trying. Worse yet, it broke just being thrown across the runway. Happily flying a JR 10X for the past 7 years. Flying a Specktrum 8 for several weeks, the 10X will go to the highest bidder. Don't even have to go back and inhibit a bunch of stuff. Quit sniveling and go to Hobby King and buy some of their fasst 2.4 receivers. Cheep and working well for Fatuba and JR at our field.

Quit trying to re-invent the wheel, you may get run over!!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:20 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a Spektrum 6i for your PZ BNF stuff. That's what I did.

I fly a 14MZ and a 9CHP (backup) normally and if it's a PZ plane I really like, I'll buy the PNP version and put a FASST receiver in it. Just remember that some aren't available in PNP and others (especially the micros and most of the Blade Helis) are not easily retrofitted with 3rd party receivers and servos.

Follow the money. Parkzone=Horizon=JR=Spectrum. Same with E-Flite/Blade.

The real tradegy here is that Futaba and Tower and Great Planes can't see all the money they are leaving on the table in this marketplace and the market share Horizon buys up every day putting these Parkzone planes out there "ready to fly" with all JR and Spektrum equipment. Unbelievable from a marketing standpoint.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Rv7garage

ORIGINAL: rmenke

AAAAAAAAAAh: Ford Chevy? With respects to manufacturers, follow the money. Was a fatuba guy for years until their New York head programmer could not get my new 9 to work correctly on a 2 aileron, flaps, dual elevtor & crow setup. Spent weeks trying. Worse yet, it broke just being thrown across the runway. Happily flying a JR 10X for the past 7 years. Flying a Specktrum 8 for several weeks, the 10X will go to the highest bidder. Don't even have to go back and inhibit a bunch of stuff. Quit sniveling and go to Hobby King and buy some of their fasst 2.4 receivers. Cheep and working well for Fatuba and JR at our field.

Quit trying to re-invent the wheel, you may get run over!!
Wow! Not only did this post not answer my question, it also wins the "Jerk of the Day" Award. I had an honest question, was in no way trying to discuss the merits of one brand over another, and then you come back with this crap. I'd like you to point out where in my simple question was I "sniveling", tough guy? Nice work, way to keep it friendly bud.

Wilsonflyer- thanks for the meaningful response. I agree with you, it's insane that Tower/Great Planes is lagging so far behind Horizon this way. Not that I care per se, I'd just really like to use my existing (expensive) equipment if possible. Oh, well! [8D]
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Aircraftfreak15

the truth of it is eflight and parkzone are just branches of horizion and all the money goes there same with jr and spectum txs they are braches off of horiziion so thats why pz and e-flight are only able to bind to the jr and spectum txs. its confusing to me but also makes sins in a way.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Rv7garage

That's pretty much what I thought, but thanks for confirming. Oh well- guess I'll get an RTF first, then any additional ultra micros will be BNF. I'll save my 10C for my big stuff.

Now, I just have to decide on the T-28 or the P-51! Thanks again
Old 10-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Saburo Sakai

Aircraft freak's got it right on the "conspiracy" front. Another option for your Futaba transmitter is to buy a Spektrum Module to hook onto it. I think it's fifty-hundred bucks at Horizon Hobby? You can fly any Spektrum receiver equipped bird with that. The tranny you'd get with an RTF micro will set you up for all the PZ micros in BNF, including the HZ Champ, but you can't really tweak the controls much with expo and stuff. I broke down and got a DX6i exclusively for my ParkZone birds-hundred bucks w/o receiver. Everything's a hundred bucks it seems.....Just some options available.

Godspeed and enjoy these great little birds!They're worth it!
Sakai-[8D]

Oh, and I bet you end up getting both the T-28 and P-51. They're like the new "crack", or something worse.........[X(].
Old 10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Rv7garage

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

...Everything's a hundred bucks it seems..... Sakai-[8D]

Oh, and I bet you end up getting both the T-28 and P-51. They're like the new ''crack'', or something worse.........[X(].

I feel you, Sakai! They definitely did their research on price points, for sure. Thanks for the input, and it's nice to know that the Tx that comes w/the RTF will work with all the models. I'll be picking up my first one tomorrow! Somebody hand me that crack pipe...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Aircraftfreak15

yea these planes are amasing i made a 11 inch wingspan f-117 outa my 51 gear but iam going to end up geting a whole new airframe for the p-51 it flys amasing and if i cant buy the t-28 its going on my x-mas list for shur along with the um beast.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Saburo Sakai

To make sure: the tranny you get with the PZ micro RTFs/ HZ Champ works with all the micros only, not on the big birds. On these included microRTF transmitters you can punch in a reduced dual rate (70% of servo throw in addition to the standard,100%) for beginning flights with the new bird till you're familiar with it. BUT you cannot change EXPO to reduce sensitivity around the stick's center.I got a DX6i specifically so I can tune EXPO and also fly the big PZ and other birds.But that's just me. I'm a SPAZZ. You probably will do fine with the stock RTF transmitter. There are lots of options.....God bless America!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:02 AM
TripleDeucer
My Feedback: (129)

I found that I needed expo to fly my micro cub smoothly. One of the local guys had just bought the new 8 ch spektrum and had a module for sale to fit my Fatuba 8U. Cost me 25 bucks.  I would think there will be some older spektrum TX's going up for sale with the new 8 out there.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Rv7garage

Well, I took the plunge on Friday afternoon, and picked up a RTF Night Vapor. Wheee! What a great flyer- it's perfect for front-yard flying, and much more agile/controllable that I expected it to be. I landed on the roof of my buddy's car, twice. Also, I picked up a Thunder Power 180 mAh battery to go with it, and it will fly for like 1/2 an hour. Amazing! Money well spent!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Saburo Sakai

He commits. He shoots! He scores! I'm going to ParkZone rehab myself. I gotta kick, man.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Saburo Sakai

In answer to your question: "Why Spektrum only"
Because there's more CRACK in it and you'll want MORE. It's a conspiracy. It's too late once you've bought just one PZ. That's the plan. 
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Rv7garage

Oh, for sure. I'm an addict now. Thinking about the UBX bipe, thinking, thinking... [&:][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=drowning.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Aircraftfreak15

the beast is a must for me because it the frist um that has a brushlees esc bult into thr control bord and its the frist brusless um.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

the beast is a must for me because it the frist um that has a brushlees esc bult into thr control bord and its the frist brusless um.
I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a UM, sorry, just can't do it. I would rather get that Jet that I've been drooling over
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Saburo Sakai

Yeah, that price is way steep. They maybe use morecrack in the construction than withthe other micros? I say, "pride before the fall," because that rent is too %$##$#!! high. Just picked up another PZ Fitty One, myself. Feelin' good, too. Crack level just fine in that bird. Too much mess you up, anyway.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Rv7garage

What jet would that be, Wheelnut??
Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Aircraftfreak15

yea iam not going to buy one right away iam going to wait for them to be smart and sell just the plae as a bind and fly no batt or charger. Most piolets will have a charger that capible of charging the batts for the um beast and ill but a batt for it if they do make a bnf i wont pay more than 110 for it. oh and they fynaly came out with a bnf msr that only cost 79$
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: flycfii

What jet would that be, Wheelnut??
It would be this one. Ordered today
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44491.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1524813  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15

yea iam not going to buy one right away iam going to wait for them to be smart and sell just the plae as a bind and fly no batt or charger. Most piolets will have a charger that capible of charging the batts for the um beast and ill but a batt for it if they do make a bnf i wont pay more than 110 for it. oh and they fynaly came out with a bnf msr that only cost 79$
Yeh, that's the same thing that happened with the 4-Site and Blade MSR.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Aircraftfreak15

well i guess it wouldent be a bnf because the one they have listed now is listed as a bnf so would it be a pnp then???