Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

ParkZone Micro Mosquito!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Micro Mosquito!!!

SRT10,
Due to the Classified nature of my modified Mosquito, everything's "eyes only" on the video of this bird.
And,sadly,I simply do not have a flying buddy to video my birds in the air as of now.....that might change. Though I really do enjoy flying alone, at peace, you know?
Godspeed, and take no prisoners!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Saburo Sakai

Wrote my first impressions of the new PZ Mossy on me lil' blog:
http://rcfightersforfreedom.blogspot.com/

I think she's a solid and not-so-little bird!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
it26b

I put the mossie thru her first test flight the other day (indoor) and found it tailheavy with the battery as far forward as possible and down trim max'd. I tried several times and finally got it to fly level but turns caused severe inside wing drop and dive even on wide sweeping turns. I was flying at about 3/4 throttle with sticks set to 40% low-rate. I gave up and will fly it outside on calm day to get it trimmed and re-balanced. It has plenty of power and seems to fly straight (except for balance problem). The full size basketball court we fly in suddenly seemed very small with the speed this plane can get up to, but once trimmed it should fly well at around 1/2 throttle and slow down somewhat. No damge was incurred as I was able to fly it to the ground each time, so she still looks pretty. I was able to find a wall-charger in the 12v, 700mAh range for the crazy charger that comes with and do not have to haul a 12v battery around.....geeeech. Other than the charger, I really like this little speedster and will work the quirks out of it and enjoy many calm evening flights with it outdoors as well. The twin motor's sound is awesome!!!

BTW, The 4 guns protruding at the front are .303 machine guns. The recesses on the forward underbelly are the 20mm cannons. A lot of people have confused the two.

it26b
Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Saburo Sakai

You have been awarded 5 (five) stars by the Micro R.A.F. for First in Field Report!

Great job, it26b!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: it26b

I put the mossie thru her first test flight the other day (indoor) and found it tailheavy with the battery as far forward as possible and down trim max'd. I tried several times and finally got it to fly level but turns caused severe inside wing drop and dive even on wide sweeping turns. I was flying at about 3/4 throttle with sticks set to 40% low-rate. I gave up and will fly it outside on calm day to get it trimmed and re-balanced. It has plenty of power and seems to fly straight (except for balance problem). The full size basketball court we fly in suddenly seemed very small with the speed this plane can get up to, but once trimmed it should fly well at around 1/2 throttle and slow down somewhat. No damge was incurred as I was able to fly it to the ground each time, so she still looks pretty. I was able to find a wall-charger in the 12v, 700mAh range for the crazy charger that comes with and do not have to haul a 12v battery around.....geeeech. Other than the charger, I really like this little speedster and will work the quirks out of it and enjoy many calm evening flights with it outdoors as well. The twin motor's sound is awesome!!!

BTW, The 4 guns protruding at the front are .303 machine guns. The recesses on the forward underbelly are the 20mm cannons. A lot of people have confused the two.

it26b
do you think this one is faster speed wise in flight than the SU-26XP ?
thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM
it26b

Saburo, I accept the award with Honor[&:]

srt10 I have no reference to the speed of a SU-26XP,so can't say for sure. I do know that the BB court we fly in handles my speedy FZ micro Albatros fine, but the Mossie made it seem smaller. It could have been that I was not used to the mossie and am with the Albatros which can keep up with a PZ micro T-28.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Saburo Sakai

Dudes, it looks like this twin beauty is gonna be a FAST, challenging and FUN handful!
Now we gotta check what Aircraftfreak has to say about the new micro Corsair! Another beauty!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Saburo Sakai

This thing has SIX motors! I'm gonna enjoy seeing how long theyhold out,which will go first-servo or prop motor.
Bound her to a DX6i no problem, no reversals needed, everything level out of the box. Just drove her around on the floorand enjoyed the power sound of those two prop motors and the spinning of the yellow-tipped props. This is a LOT of bird for the buck.
Maybe I'll actually fly her this time next year after more T-28 trainer time. Nah. I'll crash her by next week, and scrape to buy Mossy No. 2.
Dudes, keep us informed on those flight characteristics! SRT: You try opposite rudder when she dips in a turn?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:32 AM
geoffg1

Any chance of posting some close-up photos from you lucky lucky owners??
Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 AM
it26b

Geoffg1, Here you go.....enjoy

it26b
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11645.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1577010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr52998.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1577011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34380.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1577012  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
geoffg1

The best looking plane ever made (after the mustang)
Thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Saburo Sakai

Note: On the big main wheels this bird has plastic bushings for the hubs to roll on and I had one stick so the bird would go around in circleslike a drunk frat boy. Not good.So I pulled off the wheel (easy) and inside plastic bushing and sanded it with 3M 600 grit. Put her back together and she's smooth and taxis straight asa sober judge.Could'a been a nasty first flight.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:58 PM
omra

Hi guys.
Well,the mosquito came home yesterday from als hobbies,and must say what a cracking job parkzone have done with this model!
Looks absolutely superb.Maiden flight last night at our indoor club and it flew like it was on rails.Only criticism is the charger.
Regards OMRA
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Saburo Sakai

Outstanding report! On the charger, I've found a 120AC-12 DC volt 700 mA wall converterplug-in with a CENTER POSITIVE (it's written on the charger in fine print)postin it and it works great with no worries.There are some of these in the back of the manual that areavailable through Horizon Hobby http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview
(that's the American one) if you can't find one laying around.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Saburo Sakai

Anyone fly her outside with wind yet? Verdict?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Launch Pad McQuack

Yea have more time outside than indoor at this point. It can handle a light breeze much like the T-28 can. But keep in mind I said LIGHT and preferably not gusty. Also I would recommend keeping the gear on. Unfortunately the 3 blade props look cool but are not conducive to belly landing. Was actually toying with the idea of switching over to 2 blade props and trying that. Will see.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Launch Pad McQuack

Yea have more time outside than indoor at this point. It can handle a light breeze much like the T-28 can. But keep in mind I said LIGHT and preferably not gusty. Also I would recommend keeping the gear on. Unfortunately the 3 blade props look cool but are not conducive to belly landing. Was actually toying with the idea of switching over to 2 blade props and trying that. Will see.
can the T-28 take the light breeze better than the P-51?
thanks!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Saburo Sakai

Thank you for the heads-up!Man, this is one beautful bird! Ifeel like flying her only over a huge, softsafety net-hey, that's an idea! Just got extra 250mh 20C batts this weekend.
Gonna strafe my bud Mad Web for sure!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Saburo Sakai

re: T-28 v Mustang (micros). Answer: Yes. The T-28 gets blown around a LOT less.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

re: T-28 v Mustang (micros). Answer: Yes. The T-28 gets blown around a LOT less.
awesome thank you
I love my P-51 and should try out the T-28
Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally got to fly my Mosquito today. It flies very stable and can perform many aerobatics. When the wind gusted, it was twitchy, but flew very well when it was calm.

Check out the last few photos, the Mosquito Mk VI looks like it is on a mission!

flying photos by "Papa Jeff" Ring
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34849.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1605478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19439.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1605479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88335.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1605480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le92962.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1605481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te47337.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1605482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pf60163.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1605483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52338.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1605484  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM
srt10

very cool Greg!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Saburo Sakai

Dudes!
What's shakin' with your Mossies? I've been into FISHING 'cause me gusta el viento (I like the wind) and it's kept me from flyin' so much.
Hey, after I bound my Mossy to my DX6i my rudder servo totally locked up at full extension and froze there, before I could ever fly her. What a bummer! So, the Service and Shipping adventure begins! Her first flight will be in a UPS jet!

God help us![X(]
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Saburo Sakai

Sweet shot with the three-blades frozen, Mr. Covey! Awesome bird!

Hey, if you guys like sharks, take a gander at what I tried to bind my DX6i to the other night:
http://rcfightersforfreedom.blogspot...k-of-2011.html

She wouldn't bind to my transmitter, but swam away! Put those Horizon Hobby folks on this! We must control the sharks!
Darn it, I didn't have time to toss a wire-leadered fly to her, but of course the thought crossed my so-called mind! Pfft! She was gone!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Saburo Sakai

Gotta give Kudos to Horizon Hobby for standing behind their products: I had a seized rudder servo, sent her in, and they sent me a brand-new replacement absolutely free, even covered shipping.Hey, anyone have a supportive string/fishing linesystem to display these scale beauties in the air, from our ceilings? I'm thinking simple clear mono loopsaround the fuselage at two points, no stressing of wings. That should do it....
Thanks, H.H.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.