Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Horizon's Blade mCPX heli

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:36 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon's Blade mCPX heli

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

Hey, is the balancing of those blades better before or after you deal with those two beers?
[img][/img]
LOL
Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

One might wish to plan ahead The balancing is no problem, the flying might be

Here are pics,

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28810.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1611442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14077.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1611443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76952.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1611444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd86924.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1611445  
Old 05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
srt10

very cool Tim
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

And my mCPX adventure continues. Since I spun the main gear, and it is not available, I pinned the Main shaft and main gear together. And I made serious forward progress. I killed the pitch linkage on the second flight. I found the linkage online for a reasonable price, including shipping. I hope to have all the parts together again in a few days.

I did have solid, controllable flight, at mSR speed so I think I am very close.

Tim
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

My DX7 battery is in rebuild mode, but I will try to fly in a contained area shortly. I do feel like I have to lean on the sticks to make the heli behave. That may well be a combination of indoor blades and expo.

Tim

is your radio ok? []
give it a whirl man, these little buggers do need stick inputs to make them stay in one place..
they will not lock in one spot and hover

None of mine will lock in a hover, not even the mCX. The best one so far to be close enough to a stable hover is the 120SR. I'm tired of hitting things with them, not a lot of inddor space to fly these, and waiting impatiently for a nice calm day.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Acdii, my mCX will just do a slow drift, when attached to the DX7. If it is linked to the stock tx it won't quite. That one needs to be both mechanically trimmed and trimmed on the tx.

My mSR has a slow forward drift, but the sub-trims have been altered dramatically. I had thought I was at the point I could start that process with the mCPX this weekend. Another thing I have found is that your batteries need to be of the same vintage. And capacity. There is a steady drain on the battery, but if you have one or two that are better, say a greater C rating, your trims will be off. Your airplane will just not perform as well with a worn out battery, but your heli will act really weird.

So, my aluminum skids are here, the spare blades grips sometime next week, and then shortly after that the new linkage should show up. My plan is to find physical setup instructions for a flybarless systems, and ensure that the mechanical adjustments are correct, although the elevator is what has been bedeviling me.

If anyone wants my mSR subtrim values let me know. Oh, almost forgot, I have the mSR programed in as a heli. I like it much better that way. It feels smoother. And I can change my throttle curves.

Tim
Old 05-21-2011, 01:27 PM
acdii

No matter how I monkey with the ones I have, they tend to pendulum back and forth, not quite sure why they do that either. Ihavent flown in two weeks since Isnapped the tail motor off a brand new boom assembly on my 120SR. Decided to just wait for a fair weather day and fly it outside where there is plenty of room to manuever without obstacles or cats. Irony of irony though, HH had sent me a replacement motor for the one that the wire came apart on, but Ididnt open the box when I got it, and after Isnapped the new one, Iopened the box to discover they sent me an entire new boom and not just the motor. Since the original boom was still good, Ipulled the bad motor out, and put the motor from the broken boom in it so Ihave a spare.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Is the pendulum fore and aft? If so my trick is to add little bits of forward elevator. Then, in the middle of that, you are going to drift left or right. and then spin. Here is my quick form sub trim guide. Note at what level of throttle you liftoff at. Get just at that level, and observe what what is happening. And trim from there. Then, punch out and see if your trims aren't close after clearing ground effect.

This may be an iffy prospect for the mCPX. We'll see.

Tim
Old 05-21-2011, 07:40 PM
srt10

again this heli needs no trimming during flight
its tiny and will drift
I had a heli pro setup my mCPX when I bought it, and he told me to not use any trim to try and get the heli to hold
leave them all set to neutral, he told me..
the gyro will take over and hold this little guy the best it can
Old 05-22-2011, 08:39 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

SRT, mine jumps backwards dramatically on takeoff. So I am wondering if my mechanical set up is correct. Once I have more confidence in that, then the gyros have a chance at taking hold.

Tim
Old 05-22-2011, 07:11 PM
srt10

SRT, mine jumps backwards dramatically on takeoff. So I am wondering if my mechanical set up is correct. Once I have more confidence in that, then the gyros have a chance at taking hold.

Tim
One thing I do is a slow start up and never touch the sticks except throttle
if I even just bump one stick as the heli is spinning up it gets the heli all out a wack
if your doing a slow start and it is doing this, you could be right as a possible mechanical issue
I did play with the trims today on my 6Xi and did notice it throws my heli out big time... I centered my trims all back to neutral again
Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Why must I be an early adopter?? I defeated this demon for a couple of years. I got my coveted pushrods, and discovered that they are fine it's the swash that is broken[:'(] [:'(] I have another passel o' parts coming from AMain, but the swash is on backorder. I remember this game from the mCX and the mSR. Bad Tim
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 PM
srt10

dang dude, that sucks...
I have not had any issues with mine at all and I think I'm upto about 130-140 flights on it now
Old 05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
acdii

You need a new parts box!LOL Buy one of everything, then you are all set!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks guys. Mr Murphy has been known to hang out here. But once I chase him away the aircraft fly well.

I posted a new video on the micro video thread of my tattered 4-Site, with a new motor.

Tim
Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Success!!! I still have a bunch of right drift([X(]) but the fore and aft is solved. So far. And the drift seems to be pulling the tail some. Either way I flew successfully, several times. I ensured the elevator linkage was parallel with the blades.

Tim
Old 06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
srt10

Success!!! I still have a bunch of right drift([X(]) but the fore and aft is solved. So far. And the drift seems to be pulling the tail some. Either way I flew successfully, several times. I ensured the elevator linkage was parallel with the blades.

Tim
sweet buddy!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thank you Sir.!!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, here is the start of my day,

T-Rex, mSR and mCPX off to the elementary school. The mSR was out of control, but no damage done. I had just replaced the frame so I will have to trim it out in a few minutes. The mSR is always a question mark outside, so no big deal.

Next was the mCPX, with training wheels. After many false starts, I decided that I did not have enough control. So I reduced the expo from the recommended 30% to 20%. First on the elevator, the response was so great that I reduced it on the ailerons as well. I was nearly able to just hover the thing until it inevitably went into TBE. At which point I was unable to return to normal flight. TBE was also the problem with the mSR. TBE is toilet bowl effect. I ran a second battery through the heli and reduced my expo to 15%. I will be trying it out inside now that I have some control. It may not see outside again until I can do the reverse flight through the house trick.

Next up was the T-Rex. While trying to get the trim to get right I noted that the rudder linkage was not set up properly. One step forward, etc.

More flying yet to be done today!!

Tim
Old 06-05-2011, 08:45 AM
acdii

Took my 120 SR for a few minutes of flight, but a bit too breezy for it to fly safely. It gets up about 10 feet and goes all over the place, below that it controlable until the breeze kicks up, so decided to try out my T-28, and had a blast. 3 packs and a few pieces of packing tape from the inevitable rookie crashes, and had a great flying day. This is the kind of hobby that works for me, about an hour to fly around, and Im relaxed ready to take on the house tasks. Getting close to getting my T-34 airborne, with a little help from my friends. Need to setup a weekend for flying.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have a new trick for heli training. Get to work early and practice out front. I went through 2 packs this morning. I am really happy I bought the training gear. I was able to get the heli off the ground and just get comfortable with how it moves, and a semi landing was ok.

Tim

I lost most of the styro balls in my training wheels early on. I drilled out some softair bb's for my gear. Tim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26949.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1624017  
Old 08-13-2011, 01:25 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have flown 5 batteries so far today. I have been fighting an unknown issue, how I hold the radio. I was hovering in a 3-5 mph wind!!

Tim
Old 08-19-2011, 08:02 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

After many batteries, I am now getting quite comfortable with the little heli. Here is some video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz_43TVMnzw[/youtube]
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have been flying the hello out of this heli. I have only flown a plane on two occasions in a month[X(]. I have pondered this a touch and I think the heli has made be a better plane pilot. It has forced me to be precise with both thumbs, and has made me more comfortable with a wide open, or nearly so, throttle. I had the little Extra flying quite nicely last night, after 4 packs through the heli. Heres the latest heli video,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abx4evRxRWA[/youtube]
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 AM
srt10

Awesome man...
And I agree with about 225 flights now on my Micro CP, when I fly my planes, I'm much better...
I can touch my wing tips on low knife edges on the grass!

Has anyone else tried the Turnigy 300mah packs?
I have these and they fricken ROCK!
Much more punch, and I have lots of power for a solid 3min.. and about 7min flights with them...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.