Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

New (V2) Havoc issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Microheliken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New (V2) Havoc issues...

Hi all. New to the forums, so go easy on me, eh? So I heard Air Hogs put out something resembling a 3 channel Havoc, and promptly bought one.
Looks great, but I've run into a problem.
This bird loves to spin.
Seven flight attempts have ended in countless uncontrolled high-speed spins, thus dumping altitude and killing my good feelings.

I have no knowledge of the important details, here, but the spin is consistently left, if that makes a difference.

Anyone out there have experience in solving an issue like this? I love the look, and have loved all 15 of my Havocs, but they were all V1 (no forward motion on the balance/flybar.)

Am I just outta luck, here? Picking up a Syma S107G in the meanwhile (first gyro), but if this is an easy fix or simple mod, that's two birds in the hand. Literally.

Ken
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: New (V2) Havoc issues...

Hi Ken. I know nothing about the Syma. But I have flown many havocs. My primary indoor heli right now is the mSR. I tried to find what model you had so I could look at the manual, I was unable to figure that out.

I am assuming you have a trimmer on the transmitter. The normal way to use the trimmer is to add to the side opposite of the problem. You say it is always spinning left, so add a bunch of right trim.

If you can, you might want to look into an RTF mCX or mCX2 You will love it. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...copter-w-24GHz

Have fun

Tim
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Syma s107 is the best of the cheap 3 channel IR heli's Heres a link for $19.99 shipped http://redirectingat.com/?id=2927x59...do%2Fsku.35378
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Microheliken

Thanks, Tim. I have given those trim buttons hell in every condition imagineable, but no joy. I'm wondering if maybe I have a rotor balance or cg issue (longshot), or if perhaps I should upgrade the tail rotor to something a bit more aggressive. I'll play around and let ya know what I figure. Thanks again.