Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

YEAH! Finally! WooHoo

Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 AM
acdii

Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts
Default YEAH! Finally! WooHoo

Finally had a somewhat decent morning, very slight breeze, and flew 3 packs through my UM T-28, then the breeze picked up a bit making it difficult to fly it anymore, but still got 3 packs, and 2 crashes worth of flying today! First crash was due to a horse fly biting my left arm whil the plane was in a somewhat precarious position, close to a tree, upside down and at the bottom of a loop, and SMASH nose into the ground, hard enough to knock the battery clean off, and crack the fuse in 6 places. A few pieces of packing tape and flew another pack through it until it got too squirrely to fly safely.

Al and All Agreat day. Right now the wind is still light enough to fly my T-34, but not going to risk that one until Ihave some buddy box time on it and have it trimmed out.

The T-28 is my first plane and it flys great! that little plane is easy to control, yet can spin and flip like a wild woman who has been abstinant for a year. Good little plane, highly recommend it.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YEAH! Finally! WooHoo

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Best UM out there yet, from all manufacturers IMO. Do you have any sim time, or did you just get one and go for it?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 AM
acdii

Both, did a lot of practice landings and orientation on the sim before buying the UM, glad I did, I can get out of situations a lot easier now. Flew this morning in what I thought was a gentle breeze, until I actually got out there and found it was a pretty stiff one. Istill powered up the T-28 and flew it for a bit, handled better than I thought it would but eventually the wind got stronger and it was more difficult to keep it inside the box, so I brought it down after the second pack and called it a day. Istill got a full pack out of it, so 6 minutes of good flying time in 10+ MPH winds is not bad. Iheard the corsair can handle the wind better so I am tempted to go get one now. My confidence is building, I can fly pretty good now, learned how to keep the wings level with some rudder when against the wind, it has a tendency to lift the windward wing, so a little rudder helped keep it straight so I could bring it in to land. Ihad a very nice hammer head too, picture perfect one, As I flew into the wind, the plane climbed and I needed down e to keep it level, so I decided to let it climb and see what it would do, when it went vertical Ireached its peak and went in a perfect vertical 180, Cool did a hammerhead without even trying.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Aaeolien

Nice fun flying for sure. I love my T-28. Actually got out to fly a battery this morning in a slight breeze and managed to bring it in without needing to fix it. LOL Its my first plane and have only been at this flying gig about a month. Can't get enough.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
acdii

Im hoping the winds are calm this weekend. I have a new warbird to fly. My wife got me a Corsair UM for fathersday, and its all setup ready to go.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Saburo Sakai

This is a good thread title for break-throughs of any sort. Today, I'm putting down the fly rod and leaving the redfish alone (too calm for a change) and ripping out the T-28 UM to buzz the fish. If you don't hear back it went badly and the Trojan sleeps with the fishes

No prisoners!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Saburo Sakai

15 knot West wind but flew anyway, really just faced wind and tooled around then made a couple decent landings and a couple rough-heck the bird's in one piece so they were ALL good landings.12 C on E flight 150's not enough discharge rate; 160 T.Powers with 25 C no problems.
Picked up flyrod, ripped five-six pound speckled trout in green Gulf surf.
Ah, life has suchtough choices sometimes.