Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Indoor Micro flyers who's is the best

Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Indoor Micro flyers who's is the best

Old 12-10-2011, 10:29 PM
TVL
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor Micro flyers who's is the best

What micro electric is the most durable yet capable of slow flyingextreme 3D for a small indoor flying areas. Let us new comers to indoor flying hear your opinions on your planes or someone in your club's on how well they hold up and fly.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 AM
RKS1949

Default RE: Indoor Micro flyers who's is the best

By the term "BEST",are you talking about durable,or best flying? You won't get both in one plane! All the micros that "fly slowly" won't take a beating and not tear up! Unless it's some kind of EEP plane? Slow,and light,dosen't come with the durable feature! At least that's my experence. They are made to fly slowly,not to crash. Ron
Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

the Eflite UMX Extra 300 is great indoors
goes slow if you want, and for durability all you need is some tape to fix er up!
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLU1080
all my micros take a beating and keep on flying
I've yet to break any of them.. I can fly slow and low, whip some sweet 3D, bang them up and keep on flying..
you can have that all in these little flyers.. because of the small weight they don't break all to easy
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
TVL

I have seen the E flite UMX Extra 300 flown indoor's and they do fly great I'm woundering if the E flite 4-site fly's as well. It looks like it may be a little more durable. Thanks for the responces . AS far as wanting to know which micro is the best, I gust wanted info on which BNF fly's good yet is somewhat durable. Thanks in advance for any more responces.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the Dualsky Mini Breeze 24" EPP. We have about 4 that fly at our indoor events.

http://www.2dogrc.com/catalog/electr...-breeze-24-epp
Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
nemoskull

check out this thread. super small, very good flyer. 6 grams.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1549716
Old 01-01-2012, 05:19 PM
kzart

TVL, the smaller 4 site wont 3d like the extra 300, but it is much more durrable. If ur flying in a large gym w other planes, any contact wthem will eat the extra up. Techone looks to b nice for larger indoor areas. On a side note, Ive always woundered how the espirit models fare. But, personally, I think the best indoor rc plane is the one I just slapped together w spare parts, and the fun comes from trying to see if it will fly......
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Jezmo

Agree with kzart +1. Mine is a very good little indoor 3D bird and will take some abuse as long as it doesn't involve another planes spinning prop. It can't handle that kind of abuse for sure. Probably one of the easiest planes out there, in any size, to hover. It's a little too easy to do rolling harriers though. Larger scale is significantly harder. Knife edges real nice with the right CG and some mix.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM
TVL

I have witnessed the Extra 300 in a midair with a small heli and it was ripped up pretty bad, possibly unrepairable. Our club finally found a gym to fly in every other Sat and every other Wed evening starting this Sat the7th.So for Xmas I got a E flite 120 SR heli,a E flite CX2 helifor my wife andthe Force combo pack battling helis for my grandson. I never thought I would get into heli's but after getting a PROTO MAX ultra micro fixed pitch singleblade 4 channel heli up and goingthat my Father In Law picked up at a swap meet I took him to.Andafter having so much fun with it I decided to take on the helichallenge and get a littlebigger sub microthe 120 SR that I could use indoor and outdoor. I do plan to scratch build a indoor plane this winter yet though. I am thinking about trying to build a profile out of core plastic. If anybody has any ideas lets hear them maybe I'll do a build thread. If I do I'll post it on here. Thanks for the responses Terry