Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Planes that won't die

Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 PM
WaffleMan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planes that won't die

When A ultra micro or umx survives a flighing season, it dosen't exactly have a "showroom finish." I think it would be kind of neat to have a thread of "How does that peice of junk even fly?" ultra micros. post pictures of your UMJ (ultra micro junk) here. And please, do not laugh at other peoples junk, you know that you are guilty of it as well.

Now to my UMJ: an Eflite UMX sbach 342 that has survived a radio malfunction and numerous botched landings.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86742.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1759166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34067.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1759167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd81170.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1759168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm31030.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1759169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj66184.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1759170  
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Saburo Sakai

Default RE: Planes that won't die

"Other People's Junk"= OPJ. That's pretty funny, Waffleman. Now, does she still fly? I can't wait to post some real Van-dammage pictures here. I've got a new Beast that is just begging to be driven into the ground at high speed.
GHU: God Help Us.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
WaffleMan

I flew it this weekend... into the fence. [:@] I took off for my second flight, and my rudder linkage slipped on the control horn, creating tons of fake rudder input. I was having a hard time turning it around to land into the wind, and watched the plane too much and my surroundings to little. When it hit the fence, it snapped the propshaft, removed the gorrila-glued wing, and snapped one of my side force genarators. I used 5-min epoxy to put it back together and used the second set of side force genarators instead of trying to repair the first. On a positie note, It flew nice and rock solid in the slight breeze I was encountering.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
WaffleMan

I flew it again, and this time my battery hatch fell off twice, because it is hitting the prop. Im going to retire this plane, because every time It flys something breaks.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM
ehelibuff

I find it's the ugliest ones that won't die cause even the ground is afraid of it!